Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying above the UAV

Short question:

Will the UAV detect me if I am flying above it with a chopper/jet?

I guess it shouldn't, but who knows ? =)

Re: Flying above the UAV

Originally posted by bulzenschneider
    Short question:

Will the UAV detect me if I am flying above it with a chopper/jet?

I guess it shouldn't, but who knows ? =)
    Yes, it will.

Comment

kk, thanks

Comment

wow, thats ridiculous. it really shouldnt. i have never paid attention though.

Comment

yup, the UAV sees everything within it's scan radius.

there was some debate about Snipers being able to avoid detection, but I think that ended up being bull.

Comment

Originally posted by zone36
            yup, the UAV sees everything within it's scan radius.

there was some debate about Snipers being able to avoid detection, but I think that ended up being bull.
            Supposedly in a previous patch Spec Ops could go undetected if they were being still. It got gotten rid of, though.

Comment

easy fix....if your up high enough in a helo and within uav radius........shoot the dam thing down

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Slinger
                easy fix....if your up high enough in a helo and within uav radius........shoot the dam thing down
                With all my flight time, I've seen only 1 pilot trying to do that...
                LOL.

I don't care about it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Varius
                  Supposedly in a previous patch Spec Ops could go undetected if they were being still. It got gotten rid of, though.
                  Actually, i'm lead to believe that a spec-ops player in a plane doesnt show up on scan or UAV.

Comment

I was by myself the other day, watching a UAV scan above me. There were no enemies on the scan, but I got stabbed by a Spec Ops. As I said, the UAV didnt pick him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedgie
                      I was by myself the other day, watching a UAV scan above me. There were no enemies on the scan, but I got stabbed by a Spec Ops. As I said, the UAV didnt pick him up.
                      The UAV picked him up but your dot on the map overlayed it, so you couldn't see it.

Comment

who cares about UAVs, like people actually look at it, maybe on infantry maps but I doubt air whores have time to look at the minimap for them, most use other strategies

Comment

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag
                          who cares about UAVs, like people actually look at it, maybe on infantry maps but I doubt air whores have time to look at the minimap for them, most use other strategies

you have no idea what you are talking about, a good player regardless of what *vehicle* they are in or on foot constantly peers at the minimap, that is why spotting is so important, your probably one of those guys that never spot a damn thing, even if your pinned by a tank as medic you won't spot it so you end up dying because your dead teamate does not spawn AT or spec ops because he has no idea there is a tank at your last flag

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS
                            you have no idea what you are talking about, a good player regardless of what *vehicle* they are in or on foot constantly peers at the minimap, that is why spotting is so important, your probably one of those guys that never spot a damn thing, even if your pinned by a tank as medic you won't spot it so you end up dying because your dead teamate does not spawn AT or spec ops because he has no idea there is a tank at your last flag
                            **** lol, I got kicked a few times for spoting too much

Comment

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag
                              **** lol, I got kicked a few times for spoting too much
                              never been kicked or even told to shut it before for spotting, and a spot a ton, there is a difference between a commander that spams enemy forces over a hundred times or spots the same guy inside UAV, and a regular guy spotting the same guy over and over, than there is with someone spotting every jet or heli that passes by once or twice. usually i will spot a heli but will not spot him again until the spot is finished, then u get those nubs on your team in a jet, you spot enemy jet and your teamate in friendly jet completely ignore the spot and let him get behind to waste your teamate, those kiddies should not be flying. while on topic, my biggest peeve with commanders are the ones that artillary the lone guy at a far away flag but never spot him once, what if arty misses? we do not know hes there either, we just see the arty sign over a lone flag, jeez thanks commander i could have bombed him etc and you would have more points on your total score than if arty hit him, and if it doesnt usually the flag is turned before anyone gets there.

Comment

Working...
                              X