fun things to do in BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun things to do in BF2

i know alot of ppl are getting bored with BF2.....i was too for a while tho i havent had it long.....but ive thought of different things to do in the game that are fun.....just to mix it up a bit.....

these things shouldnt include TKing, or flaming, or other smacktard behavior......things that are helpful and make it more fun for u and ur team

here are things that i do to excite things...

1: create a spec ops squad and spend the round in the enemy uncaps blowing assets, sabotaging/stealing vehicle assets......especially fun on servers where your not allowed to engage/kill the enemy in the uncap.....requires stealth

2: become a squad leader and act primarily as a spawn point concealed and real close to the next objective/CP...allow your squadmembers to spawn on u and rush the flag...all while not blowing your cover and remaining unseen/unheard

3: kinda the same as #2, but in a transport heli, way way high high up over the enemy control point....allow your squadmembers to bail out and sky dive...usually about 500m high.....can be real fun (more so for your squadmembers)

4: run around lonewolf doing crazy stunts and suicide missions all for that perfect screenshot.....like the attack chopper unloading all its missles onto my buggy, or a J10 firing at my RIB......whatever

thats all i can think of for now....let me know what else u guys can come up with.....some things u do aside from intended gameplay, that spice things up, and make it more interesting/exciting

Re: fun things to do in BF2

Once in a while when I get bored of doing the same thing over and over again, I take some time to play every single class doing only what that class is specefically designed to do. This meens focusing your goals ONLY on what that class can do. These are some basic examples:

Medic: Only focus on healing/reviving

Engineer: running around repairing vehicles on the front lines, or repairing Commander assets. Use the mines to block routes so the enemy cant advance as easily. Dont just use them to kill a certain tank you see coming at you.

Spec ops: Like you said already, going behind enemy lines and blowin stuff up.
    Support: Resuply people and give cover fire.

Assault: I use this class to rush people, cap flags, and just go all out not worrying about deaths.

Sniper: You wouldnt think you could do many different things with a sniper, but one of the things I find fun sometimes is to track down and follow a specific player (if the map is small enough) or a whole squad. I have to be stealthy enough to follow them and not be seen when I shoot one of them. My goal is to kill everyone but the squad leader so they can all respawn on him and give me more targets to kill. Its like Im hunting humans! lol

Anti Tank: Do not use rockets to kill people, just vehicles.

Medic, Engi, and Support are the most fun on maps with a lot of people and very close spaces like Karkand. This makes you rush back and forth trying to help people out, while taking fire from the enemy at the same time. For all this, make sure you dont focus on trying to get kills or points, just do it for the experience.

Comment

Get the most kill assists every map by sniping in the mid section.

Comment

play the whole round without dying...makes the game slightly more edgy

Comment

Go Medic and only use your knife = The most fun I've ever had in BF2.

Comment

I like to put C-4 on the light and power poles. No one ever looks there and I will blow it up when they get close.

I also will take my weapon and write messages on walls before the game gets started. On one of the wooden fences, Karkand map, I put RED in big letters. Thats the last one I did. Lots of fun. . . . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Create video's. There a lot of fun to create, as you can use your imagination to create some stunning & worth while video's. You can gradually work your way up from small scale productions to Sir. Community or Snoken style productions. One of the easiest to create & most common video's players create are FRAG video's. They are typically created from the 1st person perspective, but due to the fact that FRAP's can severely impair a players FPS during live play, I recommend using Battle-Recorder or Battle-Director.

You can download Battle-Director from www.sircommunity.com

You need merely 3 programs to create a decent video.
              -FRAPS [For Recording]
              -Windows Movie Maker [For Editing]
              -Virtual Dub [For Video Compression]

There are programs available such as Sony Vegas, that give the user a wealth of video editing options & visual effects, but it isn't free. However WMM isn't that bad & you can create some decent video's with it.

Comment

Like audio said... run around with knife only as medic... by doing this i got my expert knife badge sooo quickly (check sig) without even thinking of going on a knp server... also sniper + bunnyhopping + claymore spam + knife in a small area is fun, the amount of times i've been flamed at due to bunnyhopping around with a knife is amazing...

Also "Jumping Jihad"... bunny hop around with C4 and blow the sh*t out of people with it... best works on FF off servers... much easier in bf2142 though due to the fact that bf2 there is a little time between dropping and switching to detonator... with low ping on 2142 you can do it almost instantly

Comment

Well all I do is just what the different classes are designed to do. I supply,squad and team members around me on the front, fix everything I see as engineer, and blow things up as spec ops. As assault I like to throw smoke grenades while on the front so my team can move "stealtily" to an advantageous position. of course I am new to the game so it is still fun for me. Haven't used my pistol or knife that much yet. Still working on killing with my guns. Haven't quite figured that out yet. lol

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
                    I like to put C-4 on the light and power poles. No one ever looks there and I will blow it up when they get close.
                    haha that is alots of fun indeed :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by [PTG]Ghost
                      haha that is alots of fun indeed :lol:
                      Do it from a parachute, even more fun, especially when you see the screen lit up with jet/heli whore kills.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                        3: kinda the same as #2, but in a transport heli, way way high high up over the enemy control point....allow your squadmembers to bail out and sky dive...usually about 500m high.....can be real fun (more so for your squadmembers)
                        Myself and 5 other clan mates did that last weekend on a full 64 man Wake Island server. We had our squad leader go high as hell (never got taken out during the entire game) and kept bailing out at the airfield. Most people had no idea where we were comming from.

Also, be a Spec Ops when you try this and drop C4 along your parachute ride.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                          2: become a squad leader and act primarily as a spawn point concealed and real close to the next objective/CP...allow your squadmembers to spawn on u and rush the flag...all while not blowing your cover and remaining unseen/unheard
                          What's funny is that you see this one as an anomoly to try for fun rather than as an actual tactic. Nothing is more "fun" than watching your squad leader take point into a control point and die repeatedly. Even more "fun" is when your squad members hang out near you and refuse to move into the control point unless you lead them in.

Comment

Jump on a Enemy Tank as Squad Leader, and knife the gunner.. Then let a Squad member be Spec ops and spawn on you. And another member is driving behind the tank with a DPV.. Then after the Spec ops is done, you both jump in the DPV.. And BOOM! Tank gone.. Helped a lot when SRAW couldnt kill him.

Comment

this is kinda interesting. i bailed out of a jet and accidentally landed on an enemy's jet wings. he was doin a bombing run and kinda slowing down. then i proned and realized that i was a spec ops so i c4'd the bitc*. one of the guys stared at me while i txt'd 'SAYANARA'.

Comment

Working...
                              X