Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new BF2 Install that WONT LAUNCH !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new BF2 Install that WONT LAUNCH !!

Hey Guys. Its been a while since i had posted here as I've mostly been playing BF2142........

However, Ive just built my new machine and thought i would install BF2 for old times sake (and for LANS). I have completed a BRAND new CLEAN install and patched to 1.41 using the 1.41 Full Patcher (>500Mb file size)

Everything in both installations went well. However, when i try and run BF2 i get the "BF2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close message. I also get the same when trying to run DIAG.exe !!

So my BF2142 runs fine, yet BF2 wont !! My machine is perfectly stable (>24Hrs ORTHOS stable @ default clocks) and it still wont run !!

What can i do to try and get things working? Any ideas will be VERY welcome !!

Thanks in advance........

Re: Brand new BF2 Install that WONT LAUNCH !!

Turn off all OCing for starters...

Comment

As soon as it didnt work at the OC'ed settings i re-verting back to defaults. Again it still has exactly the same error. Within 5 seconds of clocking the executable, i get the error message.

Everything else works fine (B2142 included) even at my OC'ed settings. Something certainly isnt right, but god knows what.........

Comment

What sorts of programs are running in the background? Have you turned off your firewall/av/as and tried it out?

Might also try downloading and reinstalling DirectX 9.0c. Sounds like there might be something goofy in the way that BF2 is trying to address your components.

Edit: Exactly what is this?

"Nvidia MSI Ge-Force GTO 512Mb- PCIe (GPU @ 709Mhz, Mem @ 784Mhz)"

a 7900 series?

Comment

Services running in the Background are nothing un-usual. They are the same programs that were running in my old system, and that run on most peoples PC, so along with the usual suspects i have an AV program, No Firewall, since this is handled by the Router and i have Spy Bot Search and Destroy. In total i think i have around 26 services running fom a cold boot.

As for a re-installation of DX9.0c i can try it but since all my other games (BF2142, FEAR, Company of Heroes etc) are running fine i would'nt have thought that could be the problem.

Either way i will give it a try and see what happens.

As for my GFX card. Its basically a 7900GTX with lower memory clocks, but exactly the same GPU Core speed. Since ive overclocked my version im actually faster than a GTX

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/produ...oductID=551820

In terms of my Rig and the Overclocking, ive ran EVERYTHING at defaults in an attempt to get BF2 running, but it didnt work. Either way, My rig is completly stable at 3.4Ghz and is in the DIY-Street Ocing Database.

Im pretty certain its got to be something with software tho. Everything else works fine, apart from BF2. Thanks for your Idea's and im gonna give DX9 another install and see how that helps...

Comment

Working...
          X