BF2 Re-Make For Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Re-Make For Vista

With the BF franchise having covered almost all possible scenarios, WW2, Vietnam, Current & Future, I would really like to see a re-make of the most popular of these 4 BF games for Vista. Now we all know the most popular is BF2. BF2 has had a really rough road with Windows XP, and I think we can all agree when I say that BF2 certainly didn't turn out the way we all had hoped.

I think a re-make for Vista would give both DICE & EA a new outlook on the BF franchise & possibly gain back some respect for past BF2 mistakes. Just think about what the possibility's are with Vista & the sheer amount of content that DICE could pour into the creation of a BF2 Re-Make. I mean think about it, massive fully destructible enviroments, more current weapons systems & just stunning graphical flexibility!

Now when I say re-make, I don't mean same maps, weapons etc... I'm talking same era (e.g Early 21st century) but with completely new maps, weapons, weapons system's etc... I mean DICE could implement so many amazing new weapons systems, such as METAL-STORM, the F-22 Raptor, Unmanned combat aerial Vehicles, new infantry weapons, new infantry character ability's, more in-depth & more sophisticated vehicle weapons systems....

Character customization would be an amazing addition to BF2 for Vista, being able to customize the smallest details on your soldiers uniform & weapons. Not only will the unlock system still remain but it'll be improved! I'm talking different unlocks for different factions! No longer will the same unlocks be available for all 3 factions, but each faction has there own unlocks branch & depending on which of the 3 factions you have more play time as, you'll get to choose unlocks from that specific faction. So if my statistics show that I have more time playing as the USMC than the other 2 factions, then only the USMC unlock branch will open up...same applys to the other 2 factions.

Now not to be frank, but BF2's weapon systems weren't exactly on the cutting edge, I mean almost everything, with the exception of the F-35 was available since before Desert Storm in 1991, and I think the re-make of BF2 for Vista would be a great opportunity to include only the newest & sophisticated of weapons systems. As I mentioned above Unmanned aerial combat vehicles could be an amazing addition to BF2! You would launch them off the carrier deck & control them from inside the carrier,sort of like a remote control airplane....there are just far to many weapons systems to name & explain.

Another area of customization that I think would be a great addition to BF2 is vehicle customization, it would work the same way as the unlock system...Each faction has there own branch & depending on who you play as more, that branch of vehicle unlocks would be available...now by vehicle unlocks I don't mean entirely new vehicles, but upgrades to the game's existing vehicles. These upgrades could range from Bigger bombs on planes to thicker armor on armored vehicles. yes these are small thing's, but I know DICE could come up with several really nice vehicle upgrades, not major, but small & effective vehicle upgrades, and they would be aquired the same way weapons upgrades are, only when you rank up you have to choose between either vehicle or infantry weapon upgrades. ...but not both....so say you rank uo to Corporal & you want a new infantry unlock, but you also want a new vehicle unlock, so you get the infantry unlock...then next rank up you get the vehicle unlocks you had also wanted previously. So it's a pick & choose game with the unlocks system.

I would also like to touch a little more on the map's & the sheer possibility's Vista gives to game developers. 100% destructible maps. I'm talking destruction on an absurd level....where everything can be destroyed or morphed in some way....everything from firing an AT missle into a building & destroying it to flattening sprawling forests with bombing runs. Once a building or tree's flattened or demolished, it won't return to it's normal state until a new round starts. Now this wouldn't apply to vehicles, when vehicles are destroyed thy would still spawn back, i'm just talking about enviroments.....Try to imagine Mercenaries Playground Of Destruction...but with DX10 detail & way better physics....building would collpase in realistic & stunning fashion....being able to rip holes in the USMC carriers! Imagine disabling enemy air strips by bombing them & leaving massive craters, rendering there airplanes unable to take off.....I'm talking enviromental realism on a scale unheard of.

Re: BF2 Re-Make For Vista

And then you woke up.

Comment

so uhhh ohw often do u watch fture weapons my brother watches that and its gay that guy is soooooooooo monotone

Comment

What's so special about Vista to gaming? The only feature that I know of that's significant to gaming is DirectX 10, and there are articles that concludes this API is more used to increase performance and shaders than an overall visual improvement.

To me, Vista is just another operating system: The possibilities and potentials are latent within the game, not the OS.

Comment

they probably wont remake it for awhile alot of people still use XP. and BF2 bad company will feature new weapons

Comment

Perhaps what you should be asking, is for BF2 to utilize physics cards. What would Vista have to do with destructable environments? lol

Comment

Originally posted by camperstruck
              And then you woke up.
              Lmfao!

Comment

Originally posted by nutterbuttermutt
                so uhhh ohw often do u watch fture weapons my brother watches that and its gay that guy is soooooooooo monotone
                He was also an Ex-Navy Seal & it's most likely that monotone personality that landed him the part as the shows host. His personality suites the show perfectly. Not to mention he could probably kill you in about 75 different ways.

I'm not sure how Future Weapons could possibly be gay, I mean it's only the best public showcase of future US military tech, and beyond the US. And the tech that you call "gay" is what keeps you safe & free, and allows you to wake up everyday to your mundane & pathetic existence as a human being.

And I think someone also needs to re-take 3rd grade grammar classes again, because you really butchered the english language.

Comment

Why the heck do you want to run Vista?

Comment

BWHAHAHAHHA! Funny stuff ^^

Oh..you're serious <.<

Dude..they can't even patch correctly and you expect them to re-make everything just cos Gates showed everyone that he's got a new pet?

Comment

Haven't heard of Battlefield: Bad Company? It's got the environmental destruction (look at the image on the wiki article). I'm hoping it will be making it's way to PC.

Comment

Hmmm well I guess you haven't been around here long enough to realize that EA could care less about anything you want theyr probably sitting around reading what you just wrote and laughing their heads off calling people over to read what you wrote and say " HAHAHA hey joe did you read that? us do that? HAHAHAHA"

Comment

Like Bird Killer said, Vista is an operating system, not an Engine.

For some ludacriss reason, if ea were to re-develop it, which is very very very unlikely, it would be good if they cosidered using the Crytek2 Engine.

Same engine used for Crysis.

These are a few examples of a screenshot of Crysis

More Screenscan be found here

Enjoy, Looking forward to this game.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstruck
                            And then you woke up.
                            AHAHAHHA

Comment

Metal Storm is a joke.