Lost Disc One -- New copy, same id?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Disc One -- New copy, same id?

My one year old has managed to remove this disc from the cd tray and where he put it, I have no idea. I still have disc two and three, but that doesn't do me any good trying to fire up the game. If I bought another one (they're a dime a dozen used on Ebay), would I have any problems continuing to be my player name, keeping my stats, etc.?

Re: Lost Disc One -- New copy, same id?

Originally posted by kitchener
    My one year old has managed to remove this disc from the cd tray and where he put it, I have no idea. I still have disc two and three, but that doesn't do me any good trying to fire up the game. If I bought another one (they're a dime a dozen used on Ebay), would I have any problems continuing to be my player name, keeping my stats, etc.?
    im pretty sure youll be all right since u can get these things called mini images which act lik ea cd but arent really a cd,type in mini image on search for more info.

Comment

Looks like a lot of trial and error taking the mini-image approach. What I most want to avoid is having to re-install the full game after screwing something up -- I have the controls heavily redirected to work with my joystick (after a lot of trial and error) and if I had to do that again, I'd probably just bag the effort. What burns me is I know that disc will turn up sometime down the road.

If I picked up the $19 special forces expansion pack, will the game fire up with that disc? I don't have that expansion, so the $19 wouldn't be a total waste.

Comment

hmm thats something thats worth giving a shot......try that....but doesnt EA give you another copy for 5 bucks if you have proof of purchase?

Comment

and yes u will be able to keep ur name and stats. even if u uninstalled bf2 from ur computer, yu can still retrieve ur account infomation since its tied to something online and not ur computer or disk

Comment

I guess I could pursue the $5 option but that doesn't sound like I'd be up and running for some time, and dropping $19 and getting the expansion pack and an instant return to playing sounds like a happy (and quick) end. Hate to go spend the $19 and find out it won't work though.

Comment

I guess I could pursue the $5 option but that doesn't sound like I'd be up and running for some time, and dropping $19 and getting the expansion pack and an instant return to playing sounds like a happy (and quick) end. Hate to go spend the $19 and find out it won't work though.
              yeah im 99% sure u can use the sf disks.

Comment

If only you can try prove ea. Then they will send you a free cd. Or you could just get it off Ea downloader program...hehe :banana:

Comment

If I picked up the $19 special forces expansion pack, will the game fire up with that disc? I don't have that expansion, so the $19 wouldn't be a total waste.

You CAN use the SF disc for sure. I'm 100% positive.

Comment

Problem is that if you ever need to reinstall, you're SOL. OP--you can save your keymappings by copying your profile files. Getting a fresh (used) copy off Ebay and making a mini-image for regular use (so that you don't end up in this situation again :thatsbad: )might be the best way to go. You may need to match the versions in order for the CD key to work--someone here probably knows for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X