threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threads

there are too many of the same threads on here. new people join just to ask a question (9/10 times its about unlocks) without reading the forums at all to see if some one else asked the same question and got answers. do these people think they are the first ones to ever think about how the unlock system works?? there is so much information on this all over the web, you dont need to make a new thread about it. then theres the people who complain about the j10... or list the same suggestions for the game as have been posted hundreds of time.... "you know what would be cool, if the next patch fixed the j10 and all the bugs.... damn, im a genius, i cant believe no one thought of that already!!" and then theres the ones where "omg, my account was wiped!!! help!!!" instead of posting immediately, try to solve the problem on your own. My game wouldnt connect to the account server for a few days, but i didnt start bleeding from the eyes, i just tried a bunch of different things and figured out that my router firewall was blocking the program. almost all account problems are router based or retard based. if your account disappeared from the list, try clicking "retrieve account" rather than coming here to *****.

Re: threads

And then theres those that complain about complainers

Comment

Yes I know. May be we should do a FAQ about unlocks or search before posting. 99.9% of the time no one searches I am sometimes included as the search comes up with list after list.

Comment

make the search box bigger so that it catches more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by -FaKe|Arson
          make the search box bigger so that it catches more attention.
          I notice theres a little warning bar about searching when you click to make a new thread now, don't know how much that is helping.

TBH, i am always weary of posting in previous threads cause everyone moans "who dragged up a 3 month old thread." Sometimes its just easier to create a new one...but i do agree with the OP, it can get irritating. Especially "what unlock should i choose next"

Comment

As far as people asking questions about things they can find through search: Yes it is a problem, but theres really nothing that can be done about it. The only way to let these people know that they need to stop being lazy is to immediately lock the thread with a commend telling them to use search. Nothing else can be done for these people.

As far as people complaining about things: NORMALY, this would be a good thing. If a company sees tons of the same complaints, then they are more inclined to fix them. As far as BF2 goes, EA doesn't care. Even if every single player that owns BF2 has the same complaint about the same thing, they won't bother to fix it. I think thats why it gets annoying on the forums. We see the same complaints, because they NEVER get fixed. I blame this problem on EA

Keep in mind that this is a FORUM, and its meant for discussion. I can almost guarantee that every thread now has been done in the past in some way or another. If we adopted the policy of only posting things that haven't been posted yet, there would be no more threads because everything has already been talked about. The only things we could talk about are future things, and we can only speculate so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia
              We see the same complaints, because they NEVER get fixed. I blame this problem on EA.
              good point

I can almost guarantee that every thread now has been done in the past in some way or another. If we adopted the policy of only posting things that haven't been posted yet, there would be no more threads because everything has already been talked about.
              i dont mean that any topic thats ever been posted about is off limits, i just mean the ones that come up all the time (unlocks) should be stopped. most of the time i look on the forums their are multiple different unlock threads just on the first page of the general discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by flippy199
                there are too many of the same threads on here. new people join just to ask a question (9/10 times its about unlocks) without reading the forums at all to see if some one else asked the same question and got answers. do these people think they are the first ones to ever think about how the unlock system works?? there is so much information on this all over the web, you dont need to make a new thread about it. then theres the people who complain about the j10... or list the same suggestions for the game as have been posted hundreds of time.... "you know what would be cool, if the next patch fixed the j10 and all the bugs.... damn, im a genius, i cant believe no one thought of that already!!" and then theres the ones where "omg, my account was wiped!!! help!!!" instead of posting immediately, try to solve the problem on your own. My game wouldnt connect to the account server for a few days, but i didnt start bleeding from the eyes, i just tried a bunch of different things and figured out that my router firewall was blocking the program. almost all account problems are router based or retard based. if your account disappeared from the list, try clicking "retrieve account" rather than coming here to *****.
                Who cares? I don't.

Comment

I couldn't resist clicking on a thread titled threads...its so my style.

Comment

It would be really nice to see, that when you make a new thread, it does an auto search before actually creating the thread.

Even if things stay like they are now Im always glad to see new people joining us in BF2. As long as we are getting new people the game lives on. As a side note, I saw in one of the gameing mag.s that BF2 was the number one on line game in 2006. I wonder what EA thinks about that, now. I think Im starting to ramble on (to many hours at work I guess) again. Have a good one. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Counter Strike ftL

Comment

I can almost guarantee that every thread now has been done in the past in some way or another.
                        A challenge to you, sir.

A thread where the premise is to find a thread about a stated topic... (i.e. J10 should be nerfed)...

The next poster has to find at least 1 thread discussing that topic that was created before the date of the previous post. Then that person may suggest a new topic to be found.

It's kind of a modification of the Google Thread in off-topic.

Of course, this thread would go into off-topic too.

:edit: Creating "Thread Searching Thread"

Comment

you know, people were complaining about this 2005. It doesnt surprise me that its still going.

Lets face it, theres only so much you can post that relates to bf2. after that, you run outta stuff to talk about, and old things get re-hashed

Comment

Originally posted by flippy199
                            12 - New Members.
                            -New members or “Newbies” should be treated with respect even if they ask a question that has been answered a dozen times before, simply refer them to the proper thread that answers their question and encourage the use of the forums search feature. Remember that there is no such thing as a stupid question and we were all newbies once.

encourage means to be nice not to shove it down their throats like i see in places.

Perhaps i should make a thread about people who fail to read the rules that you agree to when you sign up for an account.

Comment

its quicker to make a thread then search for one if your are just asking a quick question.

Comment

Working...
                              X