Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INSTALLAION SHADER problems!! HELP PLZ!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INSTALLAION SHADER problems!! HELP PLZ!!!

Got the game today, installed it, clicked to play it and the following message appeared.

I'm not great with computers so could someone plz tell me step by step what i have to do? also, do i have to re-patch to 1.41?

Many thanks in advance

I've tried a few things and i think i might have solved the problem, now re-installing the 1.41 patch and that should hopefully solve the problem...though its a 10 hour installation

Re: INSTALLAION SHADER problems!! HELP PLZ!!!

yes you need to reinstall 1.41 after installing SF.

for the shader problem. see this sticky thread in the SF section:

"Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Thank you signa

Have done the things mentioned in the above thread, but my download reate is 13kb per second :0 and its estimated 11hrs and 30 mins for the patch. Is there anyway i can speed this up?

Comment

damn that sucks. are you on dialup or something?
        maybe get a friend to download it and put it on cd, or usb key. or have someone with a faster work connection get it for you. also trying different mirrors might help.
        "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

128 kb broadband....i don't know why it's taking soo long..i will try some different mirrors. Thanks for the reply.

downloaded EA link, restarted comp and tweaked a few things and i'm now running at 40 kb per sec

Comment

Go to http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76303

Comment

Originally posted by punkboy459
              I posted that in the first reply!.
              "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

i re-installed the 1.41 patch, but after 5 hours of downloading, just as it had finished it said the file was corrupted and had to start again :shock:

i was soo pissed....i was thinking do you actually have to uninstall the 1.41 patch before you re-install it? I presumed the new install would just overwrite the other but this could be the problem.....how would i uninstall the patch without having to uninstall the whole game?

Thanks

Comment

you sya u bought bf2 today, yet ur sig suggests u have been playing for a while now

Comment

Originally posted by makka99
                    you sya u bought bf2 today, yet ur sig suggests u have been playing for a while now
                    I think you'll find he was reffering to Special Forces not vBF2.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
                      I think you'll find he was reffering to Special Forces not vBF2.
                      indeed.

Can anyone answer my question...do i have to uninstall VBF2 (the whole game) is there a way of just un-installing the patch?

do i have to uninstall or will the patch overwrite?

TY

Comment

just try re-installing 1.41 over the old 1.41 patch.'

if that gives you problems, look in xp's control panel > add-remove programs: and see if there is a way to uninstall the patch from there.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                          just try re-installing 1.41 over the old 1.41 patch.'

if that gives you problems, look in xp's control panel > add-remove programs: and see if there is a way to uninstall the patch from there.
                          ty for reply but i've already tried both of those and they didn't work. I may try once more and see if the patch will overwrite it, if not i'll have to do a fresh re-install....i just hope SF is worth it lol

Comment

All patches (of the full variety) will always overwrite any current patch, therefore if you haven't already re-patch 1.41 or fresh install of BF2 in this order:

BF2-->SF-->1.41

SF will force you to patch the game to make vBF2 compatiable with SF, just apply the patch after SF has finished installing. If you still get the same problem you'll have to download the patch from another source going on the presumption that it has been corrupted.

Comment

when ever i download a patch i save it, that way if i ever have to re install i dont have to worry about dowloading it again

Comment

Working...
                              X