Cant Crouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant Crouch

I recently got a new computer, and have just installed BF2 on it. Trouble is, i dont play with defult keyboard settings. Now, on my old computer, this didnt seem to be a problem... right ctrl worked fine for crouch. But now, anything but left ctrl doesnt work. iv tried reinstalling and iv tried using a differnet one of my accounts, crouch still doesnt work. can anyone help me...try playing bf2 without crouching lol

Re: Cant Crouch

why cant you crouch you got bad knees ? lol anyway change your key's it's simple

Comment

Does the left ctrl key work?? Try plugging a different KB. Every now and then my ENTER buttons stops working, complete pain as i went to team chat but couldn't enter my chat. Was stuck for 10 mins without moving at the spawn with no one to put me out of my misery. Had to resart the computer

Comment

Originally posted by mills7777
        why cant you crouch you got bad knees ? lol anyway change your key's it's simple
        u try compleatly changing your keys...its not that easy

ill try a different keyboard...but it seems odd...as NO other key works apart from left ctrl

Comment

Lol guys, Its happen to me just a server bug you just got to disconnect then relogin your account then join you'll be fine It's just ea sucky bugs!

Comment

nope, multiplayer, singleplayer, different accounts...different install...all have the same problem

Comment

my guess would have to be the keyboard is dead, try another one if ya can or test out your control button, push control f with internet explorer open, this should bring up a find window, if not well ya will need a new keyboard

Comment

its not the keyboard \ (another key i tried to bind it to)

I found the problem. The file C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls was lacking a mapping for crouch. I just inserted the correct line of code...a viola i can crouch

Comment

Just in case anyone pulls up this thread in a search, but doesn't know how to insert the code, you can also delete your profile, which will force BF2 to revert to the default and that should fix the problem of things not "working"...but...

...there go all your custom key maps, too.

Comment

or, if you dont want to get rid of your custom key maps:
                    -open the file :\Documents and Settings\"YOUR LOGIN"\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001
                    -Open the file called Controls
                    -you should see something like this (this is not nearly all of it, just something to let you know what your looking at):
                    "ControlMap.create InfantryPlayerInputControlMap
                    ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIYaw IDFKeyboard IDKey_D IDKey_A 0
                    ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIThrottle IDFKeyboard IDKey_W IDKey_S 0
                    ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIFire IDFMouse IDButton_0 0 0
                    ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIAction IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 10000 0
                    ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIAltSprint IDFKeyboard IDKey_W 1000 0
                    ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PISprint IDFKeyboard IDKey_LeftShift 0 0
                    ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_1 10000 0"

-Take a line of code
                    "ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIFire IDFMouse IDButton_0 0 0"
                    -Cange the Control you want to change (C_PIFire, change to C_PICrouch or whatever)
                    -Chage the key mapping (IDFMouse IDButton_0 0 0 to IDFKeyboard IDKey_RightCtrl 0 0 )
                    -Save the file
                    -Your done

Comment

Working...
                    X