Don't know about this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know about this

Every now and then after I close out Battlefield 2 the BF2.exe stays in the running programs area of my tasks and I have to manually end the process, this I have found is also the reason that sometimes my game doesn't go past the splash screen. After I end the process manually I can then start the game again, but the process hangs again after quiting. I did a search and couldn't really find much (could be due to my inexpierence with the search funtion) so I posted this. If there is a similar thread this can be closed and it would be nice to be linked to it.

Re: Don't know about this

hmm yeah mine sometimes hangs there for a few seconds, but it eventually goes away after like 20-30 seconds

Comment

I think that sometimes, after it is told to 'quit' it is still adding information to the config files and uploading information to EA. If it hammered the hell out of your CPU, then your machine will run sluggish while it all closes out. I have a dualproc system, and I still have to wait 60 seconds before trying to launch Firefox after playing BF2.

Comment

See that's the thing, it doesn't shutdown sometimes on my PC. I have left it hanging for hours to no avail, forceing me to go and end it manually. It's really just a bother as it poses no real problem.

Comment

Are you running less than 1gb memory? the computer could be having a spaz trying to close down the app without sufficient memory to juggle all the bits and bobs it needs to do

Comment

I have 1Gb of memory, I'm used to it's spaz when it's closing down but it's keeping the BF2.exe in the processes for hours it doesn't keep it in Applications though just in processes

Comment

Originally posted by prodical
              See that's the thing, it doesn't shutdown sometimes on my PC. I have left it hanging for hours to no avail, forceing me to go and end it manually. It's really just a bother as it poses no real problem.
              Is it possible for you to check your CPU temps ingame, and the check them a few minutes after you kill it? I am wondering if, like someone said, your RAM is holding that memory block for some goofy reason.

Comment

That's ea bug faulty not a biggie deal! So we're fine unless if your really piss about call them

Comment

Originally posted by punkboy459
                  That's ea bug faulty not a biggie deal! So we're fine unless if your really piss about call them
                  Okay EA brought the game in stores and DICE made the game lol. So it isn't a 'EA' bug. Then ' not a biggie deal ' are you kidding me?

Anyway I don't know if I have this I'm going to check it out maybe I never noticed it (could be I never look in the processes list right after closing BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by Komet
                    Okay EA brought the game in stores and DICE made the game lol. So it isn't a 'EA' bug. Then ' not a biggie deal ' are you kidding me?

Anyway I don't know if I have this I'm going to check it out maybe I never noticed it (could be I never look in the processes list right after closing BF2)

Ouch...I just got owned...well it's dice fault...then . But guys it happen to me happen to every one in the whole world. So my suggest just wait. If you can't wait then quit bf2 :cry:

Comment

Working...
                    X