Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 goes to desktop PLZ HELP!

Originally posted by punkboy459
    Guys...guys! My cousin have Geforce 7300LE 256mb turbo cache...let me link you teh site for update driver here http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp okay see list 3 bars...1 is click (graphic driver) next click (Geforce and TNT2) and then...pick which OS you have like Window xp me (etc...) then click download then your all set to go! I'll see you in game solider! Also by away...that site always update that new verison!!! Really if you don't understand my grammer please get xfire www.xfire.com my user name is punkboy459

K, I'll give it a try thnx dude

euhm... it says it doesn't find drivers for hardware :s anybody any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by bottenbreker
      K, I'll give it a try thnx dude

euhm... it says it doesn't find drivers for hardware :s anybody any thoughts?

BLAH!!! sorry you have to click Geforce Go 7 if your on labtop sorry... it'll be fine go do that it'll work very pefectly.

Comment

k, i'll try again btw thnx for the help

gives same error again :hmm: :|:

Comment

I had a similar problem, try all these things that I did and you might solve your issue:

I was getting pissed/frustrated!!! It started out that I would last about 5 min in any game Vanilla, SF, AF, EF, and then boom CTD. 3 min later I would be back into a game only to crash yet again. After a few CTD then I would get a BSOD system stop page. Have to turn off the computer....reboot...shut down all non-essential processes, load BF2 and 10min be back in the game only to crash yet again in 5-10 min....sigh!!!

I tried:
          Deleteing BF2 Folder in MyDocs
          Deleting all cookies/temp/ temp internet files
          ran Norton Antivir - clean
          ran 3 Anti-Spyware programs - clean
          Degragmented the hard drive - was only 5% but I was desperate..lol
          Ran Reg Cleaner
          Updated Punkbuster (PB)
          Set PB to 500 in console

NO LUCK.......

So I updated all my Drivers

(Update ever damn driver on system)
          Chipset
          Graphics
          Sound
          Mouse
          Joystick
          Keyboard
          Headset
          Printer
          Card Reader

BETTER BUT STILL CRASHING BEFORE A SINGLE GAME ENDS, but will go 10-30min!! so it was an impovement

So desperate, I wiped out BF2 from my System and did a fresh install and update patches (I only use full version patches). Took 1/2 day will online downloads of EF and AF ......Still getting CTDs

Still looking for a fix, I Flashed BIOS to the newest beta version (which I hate to use betas), but it seems to have helped even more. Now I can get through 3 or 4 games with out crashing....even played once for 3 hours with no crashs....but still every now and then BOOM.....CTD or BSOD system stop

Microsoft Error Report finally kicked something back, saying I have one program/device/driver that is causing the BSOD system stop! But I have not been able to figure out which one!!! This is probably causing the CTD too, but every driver has now been updated!? No new programs have been installed since 1.4 patch when I was having no CTD/BSOD issues and everyting was fine!! Thanks Microsoft for the detailed message....lmao!!

Last resort would be to Format the hardrive, do a fresh system install and reinstall BF2, but I am not going to do that anytime soon!!

Good Luck,
          Let me know if this helped!
          Kulamonster

Comment

Originally posted by kulamonster3
            I had a similar problem, try all these things that I did and you might solve your issue:

I was getting pissed/frustrated!!! It started out that I would last about 5 min in any game Vanilla, SF, AF, EF, and then boom CTD. 3 min later I would be back into a game only to crash yet again. After a few CTD then I would get a BSOD system stop page. Have to turn off the computer....reboot...shut down all non-essential processes, load BF2 and 10min be back in the game only to crash yet again in 5-10 min....sigh!!!

I tried:
            Deleteing BF2 Folder in MyDocs
            Deleting all cookies/temp/ temp internet files
            ran Norton Antivir - clean
            ran 3 Anti-Spyware programs - clean
            Degragmented the hard drive - was only 5% but I was desperate..lol
            Ran Reg Cleaner
            Updated Punkbuster (PB)
            Set PB to 500 in console

NO LUCK.......

So I updated all my Drivers

(Update ever damn driver on system)
            Chipset
            Graphics
            Sound
            Mouse
            Joystick
            Keyboard
            Headset
            Printer
            Card Reader

BETTER BUT STILL CRASHING BEFORE A SINGLE GAME ENDS, but will go 10-30min!! so it was an impovement

So desperate, I wiped out BF2 from my System and did a fresh install and update patches (I only use full version patches). Took 1/2 day will online downloads of EF and AF ......Still getting CTDs

Still looking for a fix, I Flashed BIOS to the newest beta version (which I hate to use betas), but it seems to have helped even more. Now I can get through 3 or 4 games with out crashing....even played once for 3 hours with no crashs....but still every now and then BOOM.....CTD or BSOD system stop

Microsoft Error Report finally kicked something back, saying I have one program/device/driver that is causing the BSOD system stop! But I have not been able to figure out which one!!! This is probably causing the CTD too, but every driver has now been updated!? No new programs have been installed since 1.4 patch when I was having no CTD/BSOD issues and everyting was fine!! Thanks Microsoft for the detailed message....lmao!!

Last resort would be to Format the hardrive, do a fresh system install and reinstall BF2, but I am not going to do that anytime soon!!

Good Luck,
            Let me know if this helped!
            Kulamonster
            yeah, i formatted my harddrive and only installed bf2 plus drivers (except nvidia cause they don't seem to work :/) and it worked fine for like 12 hours (after that i went to sleep ) now i've installed microsoft office and well what do you know... BF2 crashes yet again after 50 minutes in a server with vehicles. weird thing is bf2 doesn't crash here on servers without vehicles :/ Now i've uninstalled microsoft office and bf2 seems to work fine, THANK YOU MICROSOFT for giving me a program for that much money wich can't cooperate with ea's bf2...

Comment

Working...
            X