Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Help

Hey all,

Just thought I'd look for some comments, some tips, and any advice on the subject. I decided to get my own server, some rules, and what not. Trying to make it more of a community. My team helps run it, and im afraid people dont like that, because they hate clan servers. I dunno why or maybe thats just my thought. Anyhow I will not spam IPs or any such website inless asked. I just would like to know how to make a server popular. If someone or anyone, or even a few people could tell me some hints. I'd appreciate all the help given. Thanks in advance

PS: I'm new to the forums.....

Re: Server Help

Try to keep a few people in it, more will join.

Comment

As long as you got ppl to have games going on the server, that's about it. Its just a matter of ppl seeing to server. Give it time to make the rounds.
      We've had our server for about a month now and there's a couple ppl that watch the server and when a bunch of us are on, they join in.

I play on lots of clan servers, I have no prob with it. Just make sure your not a bunch of tards, not following your own rules, kicking/banning ppl for stupid reasons... Try and keep rules simple, ppl like simple George.

Dragon

Comment

Join the server owners lounge for a start.

Remember if there is nobody on the server it won't even show up on the list for 99.9% of players. Always make sure there's atleast 1 person idling in the server.

Admining is the key I believe. Be fair and consistent.

Comment

Thanks for all your posts, I'm just looking to run a fair for everyone server. I just tired of waiting for the chopper if I want one, for the people who just died in it, to respawn and think they get it again. THen theres a crowd of people waiting for it, or jet. Then its a showdown of "who can push the E button faster, and whos in the right spot" to me thats non-scense! Thanks please post if theres more helpful tips

Comment

Originally posted by Zcore
            Thanks for all your posts, I'm just looking to run a fair for everyone server. I just tired of waiting for the chopper if I want one, for the people who just died in it, to respawn and think they get it again. THen theres a crowd of people waiting for it, or jet. Then its a showdown of "who can push the E button faster, and whos in the right spot" to me thats non-scense! Thanks please post if theres more helpful tips
            well . . . having your own server will NOT change anything
            smack tards will still show up, and now you will have the responsibility to police them away

and if you think having your own server gets you more 'rides' . . . well . . .
            carefeul , , , as that will vilolate the ROE . . . as all visitors get access to all vehicles

we do have a rule . . that NOOBS cannot fly if they keep dying on takeoff or other stupid things as that hurts the TEAM . . . and also require valid Voice communication be used

Comment

Working...
            X