Another VoIP/Microphone problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another VoIP/Microphone problem

People are having all kinds of voip problems but here's a new one. I re-installed OS upon hardware upgrade and BF2 voip stopped working. It didn't seem to recognize microphone at all. All other applications however are perfectly fine.

I had to re-install BF and after installation there is the voip setup window and it gave me critical error and crashed and so did the gamespy installation. BF2 installation was finished correctly and working though. So I was unable config voip after setup, but I am able to run voip setup in BF2 folder, but it doesn't show any kind of response.

Short: Microphone works in windows (also TS and Ventrilo), but BF2 doesn't "hear" anything. Upon installation BF2VoiceSetup gave me critical error and didn't run correctly, works now, but doesn't respond to microphone. Problem probably caused by the crashing installer and voip setup, even though it's unlikely.

Realtek ALC883
    WinXP Pro
    WDM 1.57 and 1.59 drivers

E: this is a BF2 issue, not volume settings or something. I've tried all possible options and BF2 does not recognize my microphone. It is connected in Line in, which is labeled as "Pink line in" by Realteks Control Panel. The other, "Blue line in" doesn't work either.

Re: Another VoIP/Microphone problem

I'm having the same problem except that bf2 voip setup and gamespy didn't crash

Comment

this is a problem i have had before, how i think i fixed it was by running BF2VOIP setup until it started working, how to test if its working in the game is to go to the audio setup and do the mic threashold test, if the bar moves and your hear yourself its working fine if not try making a noise just as u click on the test for some reason this locked on the mic for me so back out of the game and do VOIP setup again .... sorry i know its alot of stuffing about but i did get it working in the end, plus sometimes the microphone is muted by windows when your in the game without you knowing

Comment

Mess with your hardware accelleration.

and update your sound drivers.

Comment

Working...
        X