Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 start-up issues (didn't see this when I searched for it)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 start-up issues (didn't see this when I searched for it)...

...but if it's already been answered, if you would be kind enough to direct me to the appropriate thread, I would appreciate it.

Anyway, when I try to start up BF2 after installing it it starts to load (does the whole black screen thing), then simply goes back to the desktop like nothing happened. Now I know what the problem is - I'm using a graphics card that isn't in the rather small list of supported graphics cards - but I DO meet the minimum requirements, and so I'm wondering if there's any way to tweak video settings or something of the like to get it to run on a non-supported graphics card that meets minimum requirements (the card, BTW, is an integrated GeForce 4 w/ 128 MB).

Thanks much.

Re: BF2 start-up issues (didn't see this when I searched for it)...

Nop, there is no possible way to make that card run BF2.

Comment

Like most things, there probably is a way to get it to work, but it WILL NOT BE WORTH IT. You seriously can't play this game if it looks like Doom.

Comment

I have the same problem but my card is supported... any ideas?

Comment

whats the rest of your computer specs??

Comment

Well I have 1.5 gb ram and 2.6 ghz Pentium 4 but it doesn't matter cause I fixed it , it turns out that in dxdiag the override refresh rate feature was turned on and set to 70 hz meaning I couldn't start up right even though I had changed my refresh rate and resolution to 800x600 @60 hz through windows.

Comment

thanks for posting back and letting us know the problem is fixed and how you did it, this can be very handy if other people have the same problem

Comment

im pretty sure your refresh rate in bf2 MUST match your desktop refresh rate.. i think lol

Comment

no u can have diff refresh rates between ur desktop and in game (i do)

Comment

oh.. maybe im thinking of 2142?

Comment

Working...
                    X