Server problem?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server problem?....

I've sorted the shaders out etc.... but i seem to get a problem whenever i try joining a SF server, I have the latest patch... downloaded it overnight a while back.... i have tried running bf2:sf through the "Custom Games" part of BF2...

That's what comes up.... i'm not sure how to fix it though... any help available? thx in advance

(P.S. I did search.... and i didn't find anything relavent...)

If you got graphical problems the error message reads: "This server only allows players with unmodified content to join. Revert your version of battlefield 2 to the current offical version to join."

I thought i did have the offical version.... 1.41

Re: Server problem?....

Hm, I would try installing 1.41 patch again, and also update your punkbuster files, using the utility you can download at evenbalance.com

if that doesnt work, the only recourse is to totally uninstall and then re-install bf2.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I've done all that before... and i've just updated the pb files... yet it comes up with the same.... grr all i want to do is play 1 round so i can get my l96!!!!

Comment

Sorry but i really need to fix this so i'm bumping it up a lil... sorry admins please dont hurt me

Comment

Only the BF2:SF servers do this?
          hmm... If BF2 works, try to delete BF2:SF
          then Patch BF2 with 1.41... then Install BF2:SF... and patch again.
          Maybe that will work.

Comment

Yes only SF servers do this.... I have the deluxe edition (BF2 & BF2:SF on 1 disk) so I can't uninstall SF without taking out the original version

Btw Vanilla BF2 = BF2 with out mods or expansions right?

Comment

hmm... Try to do patch 1.3 and tell me whether it works or not. Maybe it's a problem from the patch itself... Maybe you need to download it from another source, such as XFire, or the EAGames site.
              Google on it.

Comment

you said you "sorted out the shaders problem". perhaps you copied or moved something you weren't supposed to. I would just uninstall and do a complete re-install. be sure to backup your profiles directory from /my documents/bf2/ and then put them back after you install and patch to 1.41.
                "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                  you said you "sorted out the shaders problem". perhaps you copied or moved something you weren't supposed to. I would just uninstall and do a complete re-install. be sure to backup your profiles directory from /my documents/bf2/ and then put them back after you install and patch to 1.41.
                  Read the thread.
                  Originally posted by signa
                  Hm, I would try installing 1.41 patch again, and also update your punkbuster files, using the utility you can download at evenbalance.com

if that doesnt work, the only recourse is to totally uninstall and then re-install bf2.
                  Originally posted by Skaarlaw
                  I've done all that before... and i've just updated the pb files... yet it comes up with the same.... grr all i want to do is play 1 round so i can get my l96!!!!
                  He said he already done it.

@Skaarlaw

Hmm... try this:
                  Copy all of the files from:
                  C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\shaders_client
                  to:
                  C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\shaders

and

Copy all of the files from:
                  C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack\shaders_client
                  to:
                  C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack\shaders
                  (From: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...hting+problems)

Comment

Originally posted by TC-clan-TC-boss
                    Read the thread.

He said he already done it.
                    he didnt say exactly what he 'has already done' did he re-patch, did he re-install? people sometimes say they have exhausted all means, but they haven't.

you might try a manual uninstall. its probably your last hope.

You can manually uninstall the game by removing the files and registry keys associated with it. Be sure to follow these steps exactly as they appear to prevent accidental file/program deletion on your system.

Why would you want to do this?
                    If you have tried everything to get your game working including:

- Re-patched the game
                    - Reinstalled the game completely
                    - Un-installed the game completely and restarted
                    - Restarted after each patch/booster installation/expansion installation
                    - Downloaded a new patch from a different location
                    - Posted your problem on bf2s or on another forum to ask for advice
                    - Deleted all temporary files
                    - You have used 'EA Downloader' to get and install patches

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow these steps carefully

To delete the save files:

1) Open My Documents.
                    2) Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
                    3) To delete the game files (in the default location):

To remove Battlefield 2

1) Open My Computer.
                    2) Open the 'C' drive. Or the drive where Battlefield 2 is installed
                    3) Open the 'Program Files' folder. Or the folder where 'EA GAMES' is located
                    4) Open the 'EA GAMES' folder. Or the folder where Battlefield 2 is located
                    5) Right-click on the 'Battlefield 2' folder and choose Delete.

6) Close all open windows.
                    7) Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.

To edit the registry and remove Battlefield 2:

1) Click on the Start button.
                    2) Click on 'Run'.
                    3) Type regedit in the text field.
                    4) Click File and then choose Export.
                    4) Name the file Backup and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
                    5) Click Save; you will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.

6) Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
                    7) Click the plus sign next to Software.
                    8) Click the plus sign next to DICE.
                    9) Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.

10) Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts.
                    11) Right-click and choose Delete on any Battlefield 2 folders.

12) Click the plus sign next to Microsoft.
                    13) Click the plus sign next to Windows.
                    14) Click the plus sign next to CurrentVersion.
                    15) Click the plus sign next to Uninstall.
                    16) Right-click on the key named {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} and choose Delete.
                    17) A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
                    18) Close the WindowsRegistry Editor.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Working...
                    X