Is there a practice/learning server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a practice/learning server?

I tried out PR this weekend. I went on an empty server, I thought it would be good to grab a chopper and tour the map plus figure out this new request a kit thing. OK, so you can't really practice on an empty server because you can't use any of the equipment because you can't request a kit.

Yes I read the guide but as with anything, reading and doing are not the same.

So I tried a populated server, went in and my team had only the one CP and it was being attacked. I wasn't the only one on my team who had never played and it was a slaughter, I finally got a kit but got killed and never was able to get in a vehicle to get out of there. Then the squad ldr came over voip saying how pathetic we all were, so I gave up and went back to regular BF2.

Can someone setup a practice server so new people can figure out how everything works without pissing off people who are trying to win in a real battle?

Re: Is there a practice/learning server?

I could go into an empty server with you and practice there if you want? But one of us will CTD in 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by lynxlyran
      Then the squad ldr came over voip saying how pathetic we all were...
      ...nice...

Comment

An "orientation" night for new players may be held in the near future.

Keep your eyes peeled .

Comment

I think a big mistake new players make, is thinking they need a new kit. I just started playing when .5 came out. It's a lot easier, and better for the team if you just pick one of the seven default kits and use that to fight. Personally, I like rifleman (PLA and Brit) because of the scope, and grenadier in the others because of the grenade launcher. Obviously its no fun getting owned by the other team, but my first experiences were dissappointing as well. Just keep playing for a week, and if you still don't like it then give it up. Oh, and it helps to try and find a squad using voip.

Comment

If you want to be able to request a kit which doesn't have the obligation to have more people then yourself present (such as the pilot kit to practice flying), consult this thread:

Comment

If you would like to win in PR you need a big change between PR and BF2!

No Bunnyhoping...do you see insurgents bunnyhop infront of USMC...umm actually they don't realy have the time since we finish em off from 40,000ft!

Oh and have you ever played airsoft or paintball...well you have to be real in PR and move slowely and stuff like that!

Oh and in PR VOIP (teamwork) is key!!

Comment

Working...
              X