Inaccurate M95?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inaccurate M95?

A few minutes ago, as Insurgent, I picked up an M95 from a dead USMC sniper. I started shooting at people at about 100m and out of about 5 shots on static targets, only 2 hit. Is that some accuracy penalty for Insurgents, significant deviation while not prone (crouching) or simply lag (though I can't see how that would affect the shot, as the targets were standing in place for a few seconds not just a split second).

Re: Inaccurate M95?

The M95 rifle must be fired in the prone position due to its heavy weight and large recoil.
    -Project Reality Wiki

Not sure if that helps or not. I personally have not had the chance to use it, and I don't know if that information has been updated or not

Comment

1. Wait for rifle to settle up to five seconds before taking the shot
      2. Like he said you have to be in prone position.

Comment

Dont forget about bullet drop theres supposed to be alot more of it in PR.

Comment

I hate M95 .. Every time I aim for the hea in vanilla. I miss every time. I don't suck. I am one of the best snipers in my clan. My K for Sniper Rifles own.

Comment

Originally posted by trogdor1289
            1. Wait for rifle to settle up to five seconds before taking the shot
            2. Like he said you have to be in prone position.
            Up to five seconds oO

OK, thanks for clearing that up, that's probably it.

Comment

jw..where do u find the m95? i havent seen it at all

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                jw..where do u find the m95? i havent seen it at all
                On Al Basra, it's in a small building in the Airport near where the jeeps spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
                  On Al Basra, it's in a small building in the Airport near where the jeeps spawn.
                  :shock: I didn't know that there are weapons available in certain locations (other than the kits you can pick up at RP's, etc.)

Is there a guide somewhere that lays out all the locations... or are they like easter eggs, (ya gotta find them)?

Comment

Originally posted by TheToeCutter
                    :shock: I didn't know that there are weapons available in certain locations (other than the kits you can pick up at RP's, etc.)

Is there a guide somewhere that lays out all the locations... or are they like easter eggs, (ya gotta find them)?
                    The M95 is really the only 'pickup' kit. Insurgents have weapon caches, including PKM's, SA-7's, and SVD's. Here is a map which shows the location of the pickup kits on Basrah.

The M95 is not in the hills either - the arrow is indicating that it's in the Airport .

The M95 is also on Operatiom Greasy Mullet, but I can't remember where ATM.

Comment

haha sweet map...

Comment

The M95 on Op Greasy Mullet is at the big white oil tank in the mountains. Theres a shed there with an ATV and an M95. Sheds are a bit NW of Military Base.

Comment

yay for Baldi!

Comment

Working...
                          X