Performance Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Issues

Not sure If its supposed to work this way, but SF performs a lot slower on my PC than vanilla for some reason. Generally my specs keep me from playing on servers larger than 40 players, but even when I'm on a server with as low as 16 people I still have a horrible frame rate drops. Is SF really this much more demanding? I find that hard to believe, as I can play in 40man 2142 servers quite comfortably. If one of you tech wizzes could maybe sugest what to set all my options to, that would be greatly appreciated

Specs follow:
    Athlon 3000xp (2.1ghz)
    ATI Radeon 9800pro
    RAM 1gb
    On board sound (abit kv-7)
    All drivers etc are up to date.

Re: Performance Issues

yeh SF is abit of a performance hog! Reason why i stopped playing it lol.

Comment

SF+EF&AF are performance hogs, i get 50-165 FPS in the vanilla but in SF i struggle to get out of the 40's

Comment

There are more accessible areas, meaning more data to be loaded, cached, and rendered.

...Meaning chugga, chugga, chugga, especially with a decent, but very dated video card. I started off playing with a 9600xt, and I had no idea what I was missing until upgrading.

Comment

I used to have nearly identical specs to yours Stangg, and the game was very choppy, moreso than regular BF2 and basically unplayable on the night maps if I were to go in a helo.

Comment

Working...
          X