game freezes>textures go crazy>crashes my pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game freezes>textures go crazy>crashes my pc

ok so I started up bf2 and created a local server to do some filming with my friend, suddenly my textures go crazy and my game freezes, ok I restart but it happened again, this time I decide to reinstall the game, reinstalled, patched to 1.41, intalled AF, patched again but the problem was still there, I reinstalled my display driver but Im still getting the same problem

any ideas?

heres a SS of what happens after like 10 minutes of playing

it also happens when I play other games

Re: game freezes>textures go crazy>crashes my pc

What's under the hood?

Comment

Originally posted by Corkum
      What's under the hood?
      amd 4000+
      2gb ram
      7800gtx
      asus a8n sli deluxe mobo

Comment

yes i think the problum is your graphics card geting to hot if the game runs for a while then that happens illd say thats it, try sticking a case fan under the card to give it some coolair see what happens

Comment

Oh ****. I HIGHLY recommend you stop playing unless you get yourself a new power supply because that texture is HORRIFIC. Trust me, get a new power supply.

Comment

Clean your GPU fan..

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainOleynik
              Oh ****. I HIGHLY recommend you stop playing unless you get yourself a new power supply because that texture is HORRIFIC. Trust me, get a new power supply.
              Good call captain,Not many people think about there power supply.I agree with his coment because it has happend to me before and i was thinking it was my graphics card.Not sure what P/S you have at the moment but at least think about 500w or higher.I had trouble with mine when it was 400w.Also the bloke who told you to put a case fan near your graphics card is a MUST.Even if you card has a fan thay run at there best when cool.So yeh up your power supply and keep that card cool.

Comment

Did you changed any settings in the Nvidia Control panel during that round or did anything to your control panel or even anything that might change something to your GPU?

I once did it and my screen also got split in half and I could see trough mountains on one side. I just changed my AnIsotropic filtering :O

That does suck though don't know what else could be. Since you also played other games and I guess you didn't constantly changed things.

Comment

mine did this kind of thing, it was the gpu fan had given up. So £30 later i bought my self a nice zalman cooler and my comps never been cooler

Comment

hmmm never touched anything, never overclocked, all of my fans work, PSU still seems like its working, reinstalled video drivers a few times but nothing, I have a motherboard with two pci-e slots(sli mobo)

will moving the card from one slot to another help?

I removed BF2 from my pc last night, defragmented my pc this morning, installed BF2, installed the video driver that comes with BF2, patched BF2, defragmented again and I still get the problem

WTF???

Comment

I believe if you are running an SLI board with just 1 card then it needs to go in the first slot (where it already is).

Just because the PSU appears to be working dosen't mean it is delivering stable power. Only with a multi meter and some savvy will you figure it out...Often people will just swap out the PSU with another one and test. Unless you have a spare PSU this can be a pain.

I have a 7800GTX it gets its power from a 6 pin socket (directly into the card) from the PSU as well as through the PCIe interface. Check all those are plugged in nicely

It could be heat issue also...is the case real dusty inside? If so clean it out...DONT use a vacuum cleaner tho, use compressed air and be careful

Comment

Definitely clean out the dust before you go off buying a new PSU.

But I bet if getting rid of the dust doesn't fix it, it could just mean that your 7800gtx went bad and you need to RMA it.

Comment

Working...
                        X