To Everyone who Plays Wake Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Everyone who Plays Wake Island

First off, Google Earth it and zoom in, Amazing how similar it is, right! I found it great. Then after you look at it read this..

There is some serious history there...

Sorry but I found this very interesting..Everyone that was on the Island when the Japs captured it were killed.. One guy tried to escape the massacre by swimming across the lagoon to the other side (many of us have done this to get a flag) . Well they caught him and he was beheaded..

Re: To Everyone who Plays Wake Island

Originally posted by Maj.Nugget
    First off, Google Earth it and zoom in, Amazing how similar it is, right! I found it great. Then after you look at it read this..

There is some serious history there...

Sorry but I found this very interesting..Everyone that was on the Island when the Japs captured it were killed.. One guy tried to escape the massacre by swimming across the lagoon to the other side (many of us have done this to get a flag) . Well they caught him and he was beheaded..
    That's because the map was modeled off of the island...

Comment

Been posted a load of times.

Comment

If anyone wants to know, Karkand is a real place also. Its in Pakistan (sp). FYI. . . . . . . .Red

Comment

I thought JBad was a real place too as well as most of the locations in BF2.

Comment

Jbad i believe isnt a real place, but Dalian is a real place (albeit modelled incorrectly ingame).

I think that maps are based loosely around real places, however most names are incorrect. that's at least the impression i've got anyway

Comment

Originally posted by baggygreen
              Jbad i believe isnt a real place, but Dalian is a real place (albeit modelled incorrectly ingame).

I think that maps are based loosely around real places, however most names are incorrect. that's at least the impression i've got anyway
              Jalalabad, Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                I thought JBad was a real place too as well as most of the locations in BF2.
                jbad's in Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by ZDOOBY
                  jbad's in Afghanistan
                  check the post above yours.

Comment

Wow, very interesting reading, you have to admire the defenders, taking down 900 japs, 20 aircraft attacking the island and only losing 54 men, even if eventually the defenders were to be overwhelmed. Amazing stuff!

Comment

Working...
                    X