Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxconn Questions

Heya Guys,

First off, thanks for taking the time to help out a hardware noob. Anyways, I've been looking at 8800 GTSes, the 640MB variants, and I've found that the Foxconn one, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814186011, seems to be the best for the money, and the clocks. Now, I don't know much about Foxconn, and I've done a little research, and I've found they offer a three year warranty, but I don't know much besides that.

First question: Has anyone heard anything bad/good about Foxconn?

Second Question: Is this card a good buy? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814186011

Third Question: Do you recommend buying an additional warranty from Newegg?

I really appreciate this guys, and thanks once again!

Re: Foxconn Questions

Dell use's Foxconn motherboards, ive only had a few problems with working with them all day but other than that their alright, dont know about their branding of graphics cards etc

Comment

Just get BFG or PNY.
      BFG's very very reliable. PNY as well.

Comment

A three year warranty is very reliable, too.

If you aren't going to mod it or push it by adding a quieter/better cooler, and if it will be obsolete by the time the warranty is up, then the decision usually comes down to price.

I've been looking at that card, too, but I think I'm going to wait until after ATI's dx10 offerings get some market penetration and see where the ensuing price war takes us.

Comment

the problem with foxconns are that there build brilliantly but there design is poor. Id go for a company like EVGA or XFX.

Comment

Anything with a three year warranty is good. However, they usually factor the cost of the warranty into the price of the card. In 3 years time the card will be obsolete so to get support for the time is excellent

Comment

Working...
            X