Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Commander

Woooot!

Got the limited edition version on order, this has to be the cheapest (probably best too) blockbuster RTS I have ever seen!

Re: Supreme Commander

never got to order the limited edition but im happy enough getting it thursday morning

Comment

play.com has the cybran pack thingy, which is what I ordered. Lucky you, I should be getting it on Friday or next monday.

I got ripped to shreds by the AI in the beta, I've NEVER had that happen to me in any RTS before.

TBH, I don't know what half the buildings/units do!

Wish we could rewind time to when C&C was in vogue, seriouusly now.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstruck
        play.com has the cybran pack thingy, which is what I ordered. Lucky you, I should be getting it on Friday or next monday.

I got ripped to shreds by the AI in the beta, I've NEVER had that happen to me in any RTS before.

TBH, I don't know what half the buildings/units do!

Wish we could rewind time to when C&C was in vogue, seriouusly now.
        hehe, theirs 10 video tutorials for Supreme Commander on Fileplanet

mhm installing

Comment

Yay, it's here. My unit-guide thingy is in French, wtf?

Comment

Yay, it's here. My unit-guide thingy is in French, wtf?
            yeh mine too, i got an email last night from Game explaining that there was a mix up with the guides and that they will send me out a new English one

ill being playing it all weekend trying the different races but since ive only played UEF last night i do like the Tech 2/3 stuff, the cruisers are pretty nice although i didnt know when the Commander unit dies its the equivalent to a nuclear explosion

Comment

Uh, all weekend? What???!!??

I haven't played yet, there's already 300 people on GPG Net...

Comment

Uh, all weekend? What???!!??

I haven't played yet, there's already 300 people on GPG Net...
                all weekend because i wont have the bandwidth to play online or BF2 undisturbed

Comment

Ah, all weekend as in you will, I read it as "I have been playing it all weekend".

There was me wanting your time machine...

There are so many units it kinda feels like you're pitting statistics on statistics, rather than real e-personalities

Comment

with so many units in the game it makes it nicer to think of different strategies, when i played it last night i went looking for the top units of mass destruction and found them

Comment

I just played, it's bloody crazy. My FPS drops to 30, what's going on?

Comment

i need a better GFX card to play it with more than 4 ppl :cry:

might go and get a X1950 Pro their only £130 atm

Comment

Scinto what do you have now? (EDIT NVM)

BTW, if you have ever played total annihilation, this is EXACTLY like it.. everything. Some of the same units, same keybinds.. same layout.. everything. It's basically a sequel to TA.

I just got the demo this morning and I tried it. It's kind of hard to get used to cause i'm so used to total annihilation. In TA there is energy and metal.. in SC there is energy and mass.. and i'm getting confused on the best methods to produce energy and mass.. because what I did in TA was a mad a couple tiny energy producers so I could build up and make level 3.

This game is so much more in-depth though that's why it's tricky. I'm not used to the whole "right click" thing though where you right click to move and all that (or just do default action). In TA you just clicked the unit, then clicked somewhere to move them.

Seems like an awesome game.. So I can buy this the 20th?

Comment

aye the whole resources part got me a bit confused aswell but after watching what the AI does i quickly learned

try and get the dvd version, saves swapping discs and it needs alot of space 8-10gb

Comment

The DVD version works with a 100kb mini-image!

I'm still lost on the resources, but I can get some ridiculous surplus of power and mass.

It's like first playing C&C, $3000 felt like a lot, but by the end of the campaign, I was going around 180k.

The scale of this game baffles me, in others, if you lose your medium tanks, even 5 of them, you've probably lost the game, but here you can lose 500 and nothing happens...

Comment

Working...
                              X