Connection problems... i feel like ive tried everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection problems... i feel like ive tried everything

Okay so i recently got BF2 about a week ago and have been having connection problems. I start up the game and join a sever, everything goes smoothy up until about 5 min of gameplay. thats when a message comes up saying you have a problem with your connection. its does this about three times before it finally kicks me to the multiplayer screen with the same message. When im in the game b4 the problem, i look at my ping and its always at about 50. so i tried the manual pb update, it updated and still the same results. Yes i am wireless with excelent connectivity with 54Mbps. i cant figure out what the problem is, never had a problem installing the game or installing the patch. i can play css, dods, bf1942, bf vietnam, graw, etc with absolutly no problem. my Isp is road runner.
    my pc specs if u need them

Asus m2n sli delux mobo
    AMD athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 ghz
    1 GB of ram DDR2 pc3200
    GeForce 7600gs
    not sure what power supply
    200 gb hard drive

^^ nothing has been tweeked

Thanks,
    ~skater

Re: Connection problems... i feel like ive tried everything

Play on better servers, or hardwire your router to your PC with a LAN cable. For some baffling reason, probably something to do with NAT, wireless routers struggle with BF2.

Comment

yea see, the thing is, my parents bought me the wirless internet when they bought me my HP wich i basically scrapped and bought a new pc(only kept the PS, HD, and CD Drivefrom the old one). and they got the wirless so that we wouldnt have any wires going across the house and stuff. plus they didnt think i was going to be using it for gaming . But i recently tried playing on servers that wernt 64 man and it has worked perfectly. so i guess my question now is, Howcome i cant play on 64man servers without losing connection?

Comment

wireless sucks for gaming man,i played on ti for almost a year and let me tell you my flying improved much after switching to wired

Comment

heh maybe thats why i always ge shot down right after take off..lol

Comment

Working...
          X