Whats up with my ping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with my ping?

Ok, ive decided to come back to Bf2, Bf2142 is just meh, But Bf2 is more action packed, and there better mods, more servers, and karkand (yes I love karkand), but in 2142 my ping is about 50 on average, but in Bf2, my ping is normaly 100-300, so Idk whats going on, maby one of you smart people could help me out? Thanks, see you on the battlefield (through my L96A1 scope )

Ps. dont mind my name, its very stupid and I was a noob when I made this account, so, yeah....

Re: Whats up with my ping?

You mean in the ping displayed in your Server Browser screen? Ignore those. They've always been off, but since patch 1.4, they are pretty much completely meaningless now.

Edit: To clarify, still go with the lower pings, but know that a ping of 250 ms in the browser usually equates to 50 ms in-game (as seen with the TAB key)--well, at least for me.

Comment

I mean when I press tab to see my score, that the ping i mean

Edit: thanks zach, im patching to 1.41 now, I cant wait to polish my sniper rifles off ^_^
      Ps. anyone know a good server near seattle or in washington?

Comment

I updated my reply, but in response to your new reply, then I don't know. I have had no noticeable problems with my ping measurement in-game. Sorry to waste your time.

Comment

Meh, any help in general is good, havent played Bf2 in a looooooooooooooooong time

Comment

What connection do you have? you need to tell people otherwise it's difficult to help you. Do you use wireless or not, how far from the exchange you live (if you use dsl), etc, and how far the servers you play on are!

Comment

Originally posted by TEHROXZORZMANZOR
              Meh, any help in general is good, havent played Bf2 in a looooooooooooooooong time
              make sure you play on servers that are closer to you in region (in us dont play on asian servers) etc

Comment

Originally posted by ZDOOBY
                make sure you play on servers that are closer to you in region (in us dont play on asian servers) etc
                That's never worked for me, in any game. I've connected to servers in Vancouver, BC (15 miles away), to Seattle, WA ( 200 Miles), and I don't get a decent ping.

Then I connect to a server hosted in Dallas, TX, or New Jersey, and the ping is awesome...

Comment

^^^ same here, I once played on this server which was giving me 12-15 ping, I decided to trace it to see how close to me it was (NY), the server happened to be in Dallas I think. Go figure.

Comment

How do you tell where the server is from? Also, what is up with the servers that show up as 0 ping in the list? Everytime I get on those servers, I get kicked for a high ping of like 120!! The list for playable servers is very small for me as well as enough people in server to start a game. I am in Tulsa, OK and use high speed connection. When playing Halo, my ping is usually around 33 or 67. What's the deal?

Comment

Working...
                    X