Claymore question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymore question

I spot an enemy claymore and stay away but I see a teammate run by it without problems. I think, OK I can do it too only to be blown away. This has happened several times. What gives?

Re: Claymore question

Originally posted by neverask
    I spot an enemy claymore and stay away but I see a teammate run by it without problems. I think, OK I can do it too only to be blown away. This has happened several times. What gives?
    Depends what way it is facing, the way you face as you place it is the side of the claymore that detonates when you run past. Or it could be that the enemy just put down a claymore, there's about a 1.5/2 second delay before claymores are able to set off.

Comment

ONCE u spot the claymore, you're well dead my friend. It kills when u notice it. Or maybe, the claywhore just put it there and your teammate had a 1-2 seconds escape time before it was activated. The claymore is way more intelligent than the average bf2 player, in fact, i think it's more intelligent than any of us.

Comment

We're not alone :shock:

Comment

Claymores can be evaded if you can see them first, and a little bit of practice. Try slinking past them (to the rear of course), or hopping over them (from the rear). You will die a few times, but then you will learn the tolerance of claymores, and will soon bypass many others. Then the snipers are easy prey, as most rely on them to watch their back - take out your knife and get an easy kill.

Comment

Originally posted by LostSquirrel
            ONCE u spot the claymore, you're well dead my friend. It kills when u notice it. Or maybe, the claywhore just put it there and your teammate had a 1-2 seconds escape time before it was activated. The claymore is way more intelligent than the average bf2 player, in fact, i think it's more intelligent than any of us.
            The claymore is born with basic instincts which are something like "KILL!". Even as a baby, the claymore knows excactly what to do and when to do it. The claymore mother's only task is to feed it's baby, she doesn't need to protect it.

Comment

I hate claymores. I only know one server that doesn't allow them, and the rule is seldom enforced. It takes no skill to put them down. They should at least be equally deadly to both teams.

Comment

Claymores are buggy. There are times when you can be 50 feet away and they go off. Othertimes, the enemy can just walk past them. The amount of times I've put claymores facing ladders only to have the enemy walk through them and stab me is ridiculous.

Comment

there is an arming time.....not sure what exactly, 2 sec?

Comment

Working...
                  X