Can you zip line from a helo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you zip line from a helo

they should make it so you can throw grapling hooks inside blackhwaks and climb up into it and knife the pilot. that would be like chuck norris or rambo

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
      Not possible with the engine (to my knowledge, although I think one mod team has managed to get a very rudimentary system in place) and, not needed.

The Battlefield engine does not model helicopter rotors as physical objects, meaning they can pass through other objects, like buildings. In real life, the purpose of fast-roping is to insert ground troops in areas where the helicopter cannot land, ie; on a street between buildings. Since rotors aren't modelled as physical objects, the helicopter can simply land and drop off it's troops.
      Don't I see the helo roters hitting the flag pole when I land or hover too close?

It looks like the rotors are making contact to me.

Comment

Don't think you can.

Comment

Originally posted by gamer1981
          Don't I see the helo roters hitting the flag pole when I land or hover too close?

It looks like the rotors are making contact to me.
          it isnt, its just the main body has an invisible layer which is wider than it looks. thats whats scraping against the flagpole

Comment

what about ziping INTO a helo like from the top of a building?

Comment

i think the graple idea would be sweet, give it a much better realism effect. as for all the other questions, why not start up SF and just try it

Comment

Originally posted by Nishi
                why? cuz in real battle you wouldn't just fly above and jump out then parachute, or even fly in land and take off again lol. they would hover and all grapple out then the heli would detach the grapples and take off. ^.^
                Most armies practice touch-downs, where the Blackhawk or equivalent lands, while still throttling. The troops jump out, and the helicopter takes off again. All of this happens in about 15 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                X