Sudden lagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden lagging

Lately BF2 has been lagging a lot. I had a lot of stuff on my computer so I reinstalled Windows. Only installed a few things and my brother is telling me it's lagging again. Before I installed the drivers for the Radeon 9600 I originally had, I took it out and popped in my new Radeon X1650PRO which didn't seem to bring me any lag on the same settings but my brother reports that it is lagging. It started lagging before that though. My brother doesn't know why. It was doing fine until one day on the original Windows install before this one, it just started to lag for everything I did after about 2 minutes of gameplay including BF1942 and BFV as well.

My specs are:
    2GB of PC 2700 (NOT DDR2) RAM
    2.2GHz Pentium
    Radeon X1650PRO
    Don't know if it makes a difference: but there is also a new 400W PSU that I bought to power the card and everything else sufficiently that replaced the stock 250W PSU.

Re: Sudden lagging

Have you tried a Defrag recently? Sometimes overdone read writes appear like lag on screen. Also check your general spyware stuff to make sure no one is hijacking your bandwidth. It could also just be local ISP issues.

Comment

Working...
    X