This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2s is down

So, BF2s is down. I know there are other very good sites for stats and such, but if anyone has the paypal listing for it, I would like to through a couple bucks to Chuy for the recovery process.

I tried to get ahold of him in IRC, but he had already taken off. Anyone have the BF2s paypal site? I know people are going to put up their personal accounts for a laugh, but I am serious.

I could not find my previous donations in my paypal history either.

Re: BF2s is down

Tsk tsk, no backup? No RAID?

Comment

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Search engine is a good thing

Comment

Woah, so its all gone down?

Thought it just had a hiccup. Im using BF2stats.nl now then. But i want my leaderboard back >;(

Comment

They are recovering right now? Right..

Evening Update: The file system on the dead drive has been revived and recovered. Files are being zipped up and should be back on the server tomorrow. Hopefully the restore won't take much time after that.

Anyway I visited the forums much more lately. And if possible I'm going to take a look if I can donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherni_95
            www.google.com

If it is so bad ***, pull it up. I tried before I posted.

As it is, I found my paypal donation from 2005. But it only shows the seller email, which might have to do. It shows as Jeff Minard = jeff@jrm.cc :hmm:

Comment

Yep my little Gadget in Vista has been blank all day

Comment

Originally posted by Cherni_95
                www.google.com

Not necassarily for finding the paypal email address of Bf2s. Lol, u search engine nazis crack me up.

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                  Not necassarily for finding the paypal email address of Bf2s. Lol, u search engine nazis crack me up.
                  Really, sometimes, it is better for the nazis to try it themselves to see if it is the correct assertation.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstruck
                    I had the same thought. At minimum, a server should have some type of RAID, even if it's ATA or SATA. (According to the site it was a 150 GB Raptor drive that failed.)

Comment

Their IRC channel stated that they have recovered the data and it should be backup in the next few days.

But I agree, I am really wondering how they did not have a minimum raid. Considering that Chuy bought a pimped out server for the site awhile ago.

Comment

They are "back," but BFHQ is down apparently. Time to :cry:.

:edit: N/M... but I still want to :cry: because I couldn't see my stats for 3 hours!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11
                          Yep my little Gadget in Vista has been blank all day
                          Got a gadget for bf2 stats? Kewl, could you post a link.

Comment

Looks like they are all back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstruck
                              ya lol, this was my first thought too. server administration truth #1: no one cares about backups until it's too late.

so you are trying to encourage us to give money to an irresponsible server admin? seems counter-intuitive.

don't get me wrong though. i think Jeff has skill and made one of the best stat sites out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X