Weapon KDR realting to skill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon KDR realting to skill?

When looking at say Weapon KDR's, it really sums up basically how many kills you have with that weapon but also how many deaths.

Now even though everyones noticed how you can be base/spawn raped all round long by Jets/Helis but that will put more deaths onto that specific weapon you had at the time. So does that really sum up if your stats really show if your skilled with that specific weapon?

Heli and Jet players tend to have some quite bad weapon kdr ratios. But a lot of them never play infantry. Alough I had over a 2.50 kdr on weapons when I was playing INF only but then I went back to using Jets and Helis again.

I've noticed even though I've died a lot say being tk'd before in the heli, or spawn/base raped trying to go for the Heli Jet, my KDR in weapons drops significantly due to that, even though KDR will remain the same due to getting a healthy amount of kills in the Jet/Heli.

So do you think that Weapon kdr's overall relate fully to skill?

Re: Weapon KDR realting to skill?

No it isn't. i don't know who said that in the first place but its wrong. like you said, spawn camping can seriously affect this, and if your on the wrong end of it for 2-3 rounds, you're gonna suffer.
    However, maybe a way around the low weapon K/D ratios would be to equip say the knife when you get in, as not many people care about the K/D ratio on this, its just about the badge. Although this is still gonna affect the kit and overall K/D ratio, that particular weapons ratio is still left intact

Comment

No one said this specifically. However a lot of clans will look at these statistics if say you were to join them.

I get spawn camped and base raped more than you could think. Alough I do heavily enjoy using the Chopper and Jet it is annoying when its constantly happening, however if the server rules allow it then so be it. Good feeling to get revenge by spawn camping their *** haha.

Comment

Originally posted by DooM
        Heli and Jet players tend to have some quite bad weapon kdr ratios. But a lot of them never play infantry. Alough I had over a 2.50 kdr on weapons when I was playing INF only but then I went back to using Jets and Helis again.
        I personally don't use the rifles at all... I just kind of run around and go for the heli if I can. In the process, I get killed and guess what... that's another death for my carbine/rifle/whatever.

It's representative of skill only for IO players or those who focus on groundpounding.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
          I personally don't use the rifles at all... I just kind of run around and go for the heli if I can. In the process, I get killed and guess what... that's another death for my carbine/rifle/whatever.

It's representative of skill only for IO players or those who focus on groundpounding.
          Makes sense on your last point. What of all round players? Alough I like Ghost Town I've stopped playing it recently, because everytime I snipe which I snipe a lot. The enemy commanders always dropping cars or artying my posistion to get one person . Gonna look for a 24/7 ghost town inf only if there is one.

Comment

Originally posted by DooM
            No one said this specifically. However a lot of clans will look at these statistics if say you were to join them.

offer them a 1vs1 or something

how do you think clans got new players in games that dont have stats? thats right you play with them :laugh:

back on topic, kdr with guns doesnt relate to skill at all

Comment

Stats represent nothing about skill. If it was weapon KDR as in how many times you got killed by that weapon and how many times you killed with it, that might show whether you know how to handle anything.

Stats in general are utter ****, and you can't quantify teamwork. What about people who play strategically, not for points, such as me? I tend to blow up points of interest like bridges and air vehicles, but you don't get many points for either (well, the air vehicles, I guess you do). Supposing a lone FAV with a squad leader waiting for his 5 others to spawn on him and 2 other non-squad members slips through an alley to cap a flag, but the other 24 players are pissing about as usual, who has more skill - the heli whore that kills the 24 players TKing for vehicles, or the 8 players who are trying to down him with .50 cals?

One gets 24 kills, the other gets 0.25 kills (shared), but one got his kills with zero skill...

Comment

So do you think that Weapon kdr's overall relate fully to skill?
                Yes and no.

You can run around with a med bag out the whole time and only pulling out your rifile to kill someone. Or when being shot at and killed while holding the med bag, that death doesn't count towards rifile deaths. It's one of the ways people get such high rifile K/D ratio's in a lot of cases. The only way to tell is if you play with that person with the 5-6+ rifile K/D ratio and you see them only managing 2-3 overall K/D ratio in a server. But they still have that 6+ rifile ratio in their stats. Not to mention their overall K/D ratio is below their rifile one...Sorry for my rather long and confusing explination

Also depends what weapon/kit they use, for AT players if they have a 1:1 or higher with AT rockets then I know they kill more tanks than the guy with a .5:1.

Exactly. Not everyone's skill lies in infantry, people are good at different things.

Comment

I can't respect somebody who doesn't have at least more than a total of 1 K/D ratio with infantry weapons.

Considering it's not difficult to do, I see no excuse for people not being able to do even that.

Without their vehicles they're useless. Often times, even with their vehicles they're useless. Unfortunately because they've attained such a high level of 'skill', that they believe that the vehicles they've grown accustomed to have become rights and possessions of theirs. I've probably been TK'ed for a helicopter at least 50 times since I've started piloting and gunning.

Thats usually when I go back to ground pounding for the remainder of the round; unless I see a spare helicopter laying around doing nothing. Then I make my own squad, and solo until somebody joins my squad and hops into my heli.

Versatility is the most important thing to me. Proficiency in the use of every vehicle, and weapon speaks louder volumes about a person's 'skill' than the mastery of only one vehicle or weapon. (Unless of course you're in a tournament, and are guaranteed the use of your favorite vehicle.)

Of course, the mastery of every weapon and vehicle is better than both. (BushViper anyone?)

Comment

well, i can be a jet/heli/armor whore at times, but my weapon ratios are fine.

Comment

Well, after all, all that matters is Assault Rifle K/D. It's impossible to be artificially increased, it can't be "whored", only learned and mastered. It's the only thing people should look at when comparing stats. Or actually all infantry weapons are good indicators of skill. If I ever see a player with hundreds of hours, tens of thousands of kills and all them in armor I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

So basically handheld weapon K/D's are good skill indicators, others more or less bad. Anyone may have 10/1 in a jet, but even with G36 it's hard to maintain.

Comment

IMHO none of the stats refer to your skill. All stats can be increased using padding, which makes it very hard to define good players from "bad" ones.

Comment

The specific weapone K/D ratio is how many times you have killed someone with that weapon, and how many times you have died with that weapon in your hands. It does not mean you were killed by that weapon.

As soon as one enters a vehicle, those stats are recorded for the vehicle, not the weapon you are holding when you enter it. Getting TKed on the ground only affects the K/D ratio of the weapon you are holding.

Comment

Stats show absolutely nothing, besides how much time you pub.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySeven
                              Well, after all, all that matters is Assault Rifle K/D. It's impossible to be artificially increased, it can't be "whored", only learned and mastered. It's the only thing people should look at when comparing stats. Or actually all infantry weapons are good indicators of skill. If I ever see a player with hundreds of hours, tens of thousands of kills and all them in armor I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

So basically handheld weapon K/D's are good skill indicators, others more or less bad. Anyone may have 10/1 in a jet, but even with G36 it's hard to maintain.
                              Assault Rifle K/D Ratio can be groomed like most other stats. A lot of people try to increase this to appear skilled on their stats page (particulary members of the clan -minus lol). This can be done by hanging out of the battle and say sitting on a roof and picking off targets (often with L85 - Good at long range). Then when they think they are about to die they pull out their medic bag so it doesn't count as a death on their Assault Rifle K/D ratio. You can pick these players as they will usually have a second / third account and a SPM less then 3.5. Also a low amount of Flag Points compared to time played.

Weapon K/D Ratios don't mean much now that IO is out. Used to be that 2.0 Assualt Rifle K/D ratio was good prior to IO. Now Its hard to say what is a good ratio for each weapon. I have seen a lot of players with 2.0 kind of ratios increase to 3-4, myself included. Just from playing IO.

Comment

Working...
                              X