battlefield problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battlefield problems

I recently bought bf2 after i got my new rig and it keeps freezing like 3 minutes into the game.

and I got the 1.41 patch.

any suggestions ?

Ive already reinstalled it once.

MY RIG
    M/B: Abit AB9 Pro
    CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz E6600
    RAM: 1GB DDR2@800
    GPU: Nivida GeForce 7300GS

Re: battlefield problems

have you checked compatibility of your card. and if its recent have you updated everything: PB, video, audio etc.

Comment

can u describe wat u mean by freezing?

have u checked ur graphics card temps? and how powerful is ur power supply

Comment

Video card must have 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets:

* NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
        * ATI Radeon 8500 or greater
        and mines a Nivida GeForce 7300GS 256MB which isn't uber great but it meats the requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
          can u describe wat u mean by freezing?
          yes, plz do, cuz it may very well just be lagging, and also what os r u running

Comment

Well i log in and find a game after i join and play for maybe 3 min. or so and the screen just stops it "frezes" last for a while I don't think its lag I usually can't get out of it by any means of Ctrl+alt+delete or esc usually i just have to push in the switch on the case but some times ctrl+alt+delete works.

420W PSU

Windows xp service pack 2

and no I haven't checked the graphics card temps, how do I check them, I have uGuru which tells the CPU, system and PWM temps
            is PWM the GPU temp. what it PWM stand for? (also i don't have it in front of me right now I'm out of town and I'm using my laptop, but i think it was spelled PWM)

Comment

Originally posted by Armageddon_89
              and if its recent have you updated everything: PB, video drivers, audio drivers etc.
              have u done that yet? gotten the newest video card drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by AdenFlorian
                have u done that yet? gotten the newest video card drivers?
                Now that I'm not sure about but like I said I'm out of town and don't have any way to check.
                ill let u know ill be back Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by thedude3213
                  Now that I'm not sure about but like I said I'm out of town and don't have any way to check.
                  ill let u know ill be back Sunday.
                  u didnt tell us that u were out o town, but w/e........i'm not goin newhere

Comment

With only a gig, I'd suggest making sure all secondary applications are shut down when you go into BF2. Make sure you are not running a lot of extra helper applications of any kind. The power supply dying may be it or the overheating of a card if the case doesn't have adequate ventilation and fans.

Comment

Working...
                    X