Cannot install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot install

I bought the Battlefield 2: special edition, which includes the special forces expansion. When I try to install the game, the installer starts loading, then just closes. The CD is unscratched, especially considering the first time it was taken out of the case it was put straight into the drive, and didnt even work then.

Please dont tell me my computer might not be able to handle it, and give me better advice than the yahoos at the EA support website.

I tried the manual install too, it does the same thing when I open the setup.exe.

I used the search also, I saw a bunch of threads talking about errors popping up, but that'snot the problem, the installshield just closes.

Re: Cannot install

If you want support, please tell us what you are working with. List out your equipment. What OS and what updates are you running. What kind of CD drive (or is it DVD) and what extra software like Norton and what not is operating. Are you running any type of CD emulators? They would be installed by Roxio and some other CD burner software.

And welcome to the forums.

Comment

Windows XP, ASUS 16.Xmax disk drive, TrendMicro, no CD emulators.

I already tried turning off TrendMicro and installing it.

Comment

I know of this error, you have to delete the Installshield cache/runtime files.
        C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield <=== Delete everything in that directory

Comment

Originally posted by camperstruck
          I know of this error, you have to delete the Installshield cache/runtime files.
          C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield <=== Delete everything in that directory
          That didn't work either.

Hey, thanks dude, now I cant uninstall anything either.

Comment

Working...
          X