inability to connect to any servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inability to connect to any servers

I just bought and installed sf after figuring out the shaders problem. After getting sf to work, I found out I can't connect to any sf servers. When I click on a sf server nothing happens. I've tried clicking on all the servers that I see but no connection initializes. I've repatched several times (both the 1.12 sf path and 1.41 patch) I've also tried forwarding some of the ports that were in the manual. I can join bf2 servers just fine. Any help feedback would be greatly appreciated. (I'm not referring to the unmodified content problem)

Thanks
    Eriotic

Re: inability to connect to any servers

Two thoughts. Are you using the BF2 game disk or the SF disc? You will need to use the Vanilla BF2 disc even though you are trying to play SF. The other thought is, did you install the full patch or just the incremental patch? You'll need the full one. Other than that, I don't know but someone here should have more ideas than me. Good luck.

Comment

it doesnt really matter what disc u choose!

Comment

It does on my PC.

Comment

re-patch full 1.41
          try with vbf2 disc and sf disc
          update punkbuster manually

maybe these will help

Comment

Originally posted by TapUout
            ...The other thought is, did you install the full patch or just the incremental patch? You'll need the full one...
            there is no incremental patch for 1.41.

the only thing I can think of is if your running bf2 and want to play SF, you have to switch bf2 to 'SF' mode before you can play. go into the options > community > and activate SF. then you can go to the multiplayer servers listing and join.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
            X