Disabled tracks...turrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabled tracks...turrets

Might I ask if the devs could reveal how they were able to get the tracks and turrets and stuff to be disabled after getting hit, or damaged....

I know in 2142 your able to create destroyable children for vehicles, and could add the turrets onto the main vehicle, so the turret could be destroyed seperate of the main vehicle.....but as far as I know BF2 doesnt support this function....

Howd you all do it

Re: Disabled tracks...turrets

As far as I know, it's random.

If your tank takes a cretain amount of damage, you may lose control of certain parts of your tank.

It doesn't have to do with where specifically the tank is hit.

Comment

yeah i saw this dude sitting next to the road behing his messed up tank, he looked scared lol

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ZYKLON
        yeah i saw this dude sitting next to the road behing his messed up tank, he looked scared lol
        lol, there was nothing more stercify than hearing a tester who just hopped onto the test server, not looking fully at the change log and getting a AT into his back and im saying "WTF?!?! my turret aint moving? WTF! bug!!!" and us all just jumping over is tank waiting with our knifes for him to come out

as far as I know, its done with python code.

Comment

Can you specify what you want to be disabled and at what damage...

Like for instance, once the vehicle reaches X amount of health X X or X are disabled.....

For example, we have battleships in the mod Im working for, and I would love to be able to utilize this, so once the ship reaches low life its guns start to be disabled, or it looses all propulsion...

Comment

Working...
          X