Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does my BF2 freeze everytime I log in and it gets to the main menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does my BF2 freeze everytime I log in and it gets to the main menu?

This is just getting ****ing annoying. 90% of the time when I log in to my account and it loads the main menu, that "News" pop up thing appears and my whole BF2 freezes and the only way to continue using my PC is to force restart the whole computer. Is there any way to fix this? Other 10% of the time it works

Re: Why does my BF2 freeze everytime I log in and it gets to the main menu?

Originally posted by area5x1
    This is just getting ****ing annoying. 90% of the time when I log in to my account and it loads the main menu, that "News" pop up thing appears and my whole BF2 freezes and the only way to continue using my PC is to force restart the whole computer. Is there any way to fix this? Other 10% of the time it works
    Have you tried reinstalling, repatching, clearing out the cache folders

Comment

Yup, it can be something running in the background stealing your RAM and CPU. You might wanna monitor your CPU and RAM usage while opening BF2, and see which programs cap the most.

Comment

Whenever I check my RAM usage I always have over 700MB free, and CPU usage is at 0%

Comment

Can anyone help? This is ****ing annoying and I can't even play the game

Comment

I had a similar problem once... and of all the things to go wrong was that my MOTHERBOARD drivers were out of date. I never even considered downloading them. I'd downloaded drivers for graphic cards, sound cards, reinstalled..everything... and it turned out to be that.

So give that a go. Also run dxdiag tests to give you hints at what it could be.

Comment

Working...
            X