Veteran Newbies' Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran Newbies' Question

Hello guys I have been away from BF2 since Sept or Oct 06. You may say I was a"veteran" now I am a newby.
    My brother told me that most ranked server requires the expansion packs to play.
    So what I want to ask is :
    1) Can I continue to play and find lots people to play with with stock BF2???
    2) I have seen many mods for BF2. So can anyone kindly tell me which mods to play? or just Stock BF2 is enough?? If modded, are there enough people to play with???
    3) Anything has changed in the game since last Sept or Oct I need to notice??

P.S. I left after 1.4 before 1.41.
    Thx guys~~

Re: Veteran Newbies' Question

ya its pretty much the same.....just check the change list for patch 1.41.....not much has changed

Comment

Re: Veteran Newbies' Question
      1. You'll find plenty of servers running vanilla. I almost never play anything but vanilla.

2. Mods: Project Reality (PR), and Point of Existence 2 (POE2) are the only ones of which I'm aware that have running servers. There will be some other mods coming that look amazing, imho. Desert Conflict (DC), and Forgotten Hope 2 (FH2) should be good. I didn't really have much success with POE2, and I haven't downloaded PR. And just a warning, back up your account profile under \My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles... I lost my user settings when I installed a beta for DC. I had to go and re-map everything. It took too long to get the helos and jets to feel the same.

Anyway, check out the BF2 mod section on these forums for all the info.

3. 1.4 and 1.41 are virtually the same patch. It was just updated to fix server side crashes.

Comment

Working...
      X