Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hack free servers, US/Canada?

Let me whine a bit here.

I am as old school internet FPS player as you can get.

While by no means my first net game, my first net fps was Duke Nukem using Kali. My Kali number for those of you old enough was a double digit number. I've been doing this a long time.

I 'invented' the WASD keyboard lay out on my own some time before. No game I had played had used it. I can't claim it as mine I shared it with no one, but was surprised some years later when I started seeing it standard with games.

I played Quake/Quake 2 on a home ISDN connection, I didn't understand the concept of LPB at the time, most didn't, but I wondered why everyone died to easy

Then I played the eary CS betas, back before the model hacks, wall hack, and then finally the aimbot. I was good, very good, I figured out the p90 head shot burst (which was nerfed) and then the reverse '7' spay pattern of the ak47 which let you be pin point accurate at full auto once you got good at it (which was nerfed much later). This got me accused of cheating quite a bit, but at the time there were no major cheats.

Once the last beta/1.0 came out, the aimbot was there to stay, and I was either getting aimbotted myself (not fun) or worse acused of using it because of my skill level and getting kicked from servers (even more not fun).

Because of this I gave up FPS's except for some COD with a group of friends.

Now years later I assume, its safe to get back into the water. After all EA controls about everything with BF2 and it has punkbuster built in, which has got to be better than it was when it first came out.

Well based on the screen shots I've seen I was wrong, which makes me wonder. Why do I do so well on some servers and I'm total meat on others, often to the same people. How can my kd ratio be 3-1 at one time on a server, and then drop to 1-3 on another with the same ping. At first I thought it was just skill, after all I am rusty, and I'm sure it is with some people, Its been about 8-9 years since I've played an FPS at a serious level, but I always have to wonder. Did he see me somehow prior and knew I was behind that corner, so he was able to jump in, go prone and shoot before I could hit him more than once, (no it wasnt a UAV), is he just that much better than my old self, or is it another ****er with a hack. I am fully willing to accept getting owned due to my own rusty skills, but I'd hate to give up a pretty good game because the concept of 'fair play' seems to be lost on so many people.

So now that you know my FPS playing history, which adds nothing really to my question and just gave me a place to whine, is there a list of servers which are actively using PB screen shots looking for hacks? That seems to be the only improvement in hack detection but seems to labor intensive to be used by most servers on a routine basis.

Re: Any hack free servers, US/Canada?

Great story, .
    I find that the Insomnia Sharqi 24/7 server is extremely hack free and great fun

Comment

we have on avg 10 adult admins every nite
      (ie over 30)
      with some (usually me) doing nothing but scanning for cheats/hacks/padders
      we get TONS of compliments in game and on our forum about running a clean server
      welcome any time

Comment

We regularly take PB screenies and have caught quite a few cheaters in the past and 2 in the last 2 weeks. Check these threads out:

We certainly monitor the server and try and make it as cheat free as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
          We regularly take PB screenies and have caught quite a few cheaters in the past and 2 in the last 2 weeks. Check these threads out:

We certainly monitor the server and try and make it as cheat free as possible.

yEAH WITH 200 PING caps,,, you poor bastard which now includes me. :cry:

Comment

Any well admined server will catch a hacker. The key there was "well admined", not 10 year olds kicking anyone who simply does really good.

I too ave been playing FPS since Wolfenstein 3D all the way up to the present (approx 15 years) and noticed that BF2 isn't as full of hackers as much as say CSS, COD, & Q3. The dramatic changes in score that you see can be effected by many different factors: Quality of players on that server, ping, type of server, etc....or just having a good/bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
              Any well admined server will catch a hacker. The key there was "well admined", not 10 year olds kicking anyone who simply does really good.
              In CS I was (and am) very good at spotting hacks since I know how they work, and I admin a server.
              In BF2 though I must say I very rarely encounter people who I believe hack at all. I always think it's the skill that matters. I have however seen 2-3 people hack on my own team, most of them using aimbot. I just feel if a decent spec. mode was added to BF2 hack-spotting would be a lot easier.

Comment

FullContactWar server is an excellent server always full(64) and usually has an admin or two around. They promote teamplay and voip and have never noticed any hackers there. You get the odd asshat or 3 but thats inevitable and they dont usually last long. 30 or so of the players are regulars and do not stand for crap which is why I play there. You get to know everyone and how they play and what their good at. Everyone says hi when you join their squad as well. Great atmosphere.

Comment

If your as old as they come then you should know that there is no such thing as a "hack free" server. Every single game, let alone fps, will have hackers...Every server will have hackers on it...However most people dont hack so your pretty safe...

Comment

Originally posted by illusion987
                    If your as old as they come then you should know that there is no such thing as a "hack free" server.
                    Well of course there are hack-free servers! how can you possibly say that there aren't?

Comment

I'm an old schooler too, so I know how you feel.

But hackers play little role in how bad or good you do unless you tread on their turf constantly. If your plugging away at 24/7 city maps or worse 24/7 City map IO servers then your no their turf.

There's nothing wrong with IO servers or 24/7 city maps or both, it's just that those are the places hacks work best, so it's where hackers go.

Play a wider variety of maps and eventually hacking won't be an issue, even they are on the server your playing on.

There's a slight learning curve getting used to CQC in BF2 , but after only a short time it levels out, so playing BF2 like CS or other twitchy shooters is really just a frustrating dead end.

Sure you could play CQC areas of maps for months on end, but you'll only gain a slight advantage over much less experienced players. That's why you'll see so much macro, hacking, and mechanic exploiting in these areas. It's the only way to defeat a restriction the game purposely put into place for a reason.

The reason? Team work and other game elements. In order to push players towards working more as a team the aiming physics and engine is very easily maximized with some good practice and experience. It's generic term is "Cone of Fire". Some of the more hard core programmer types can explain the exact details, but it basically creates a random variation no matter where your reticule is placed.

Previously in FPSs if you placed your reticule in the right spot and click the mouse button and all things were "kosher" with the server and pings the shot registered as a hit. Not so in the BF series, a direct relation between where you place your reticule and what happens does not produce a definite result. Hence the reticule hit indicator.

Cone of fire= chaos teamwork defeats chaos. This along with a very rough rock/paper/scissor vehicle and kit orientation, is what drives BF2.

But try as they may people will attempt to play BF2 like it's CS. They'll complain about the physics and how they aren't immediately rewarded because of their hand-eye coordination. Some even call for the elimination of the randomness. It's round peg in a square hole to go down this route. Normally the avenue to take if you don't like how a game engine runs is to pick another game.

You may be playing in servers that are full of lone wolves (players not squaded up), and doing well or bad, depending on your playing style. Vice versa you could be playing on servers that have good squads and your attempting to go lone wolf, which could be affecting your play and K/D ratio.

My advice is to forget your K/D , points, rank, and play the game for the game itself. Play to win, as a team and teammate. The game has so much more to offer then just killing and respawning 10 times in 20 minutes. There are no rambos in this game like there were in previous FPSs, it's simply not set up that way. If they are rambos they go to extreme measures of leaping and jumping, flopping and diving, and even the creation of macros to become that way. Even with all that , they only become slightly better then a good and experienced player. There dominance is only relevant in tiny isolated areas when all maps are considered as a whole.

It's a hard thing to let go the idea that dominance comes with time spent playing an FPS. At my height of playing RogueSpear/Urban Ops, I could take on up to 5 new players on my own, till they got their feet wet. I was appalled with respawning in the BF series. I couldn't understand why anyone would play the game.

Then I started to look at the bigger picture in BF42, and started playing CTF which was very team orientated for that edition of the series. In BF2 I started joining squads after too much lone wolfing, and realized that's where it's at. Hooking up with like minded players, accomplishing large tasks to work towards a win.

Squad up, take spawns, keep the important ones from falling into enemy hands, and take them back if you give them up. That's what's fun about BF2. Or at least it is for me anyway. How many kills you have, and what your KD is at the end of the night is meaningless.

Comment

Hmm I dunno if there is any "hack free" ones probly just need to look for them

Comment

ya....hack free servers are just about any unranked server

Comment

Well it turns out about 3/4ths of the issue was the unlocks. I didn't know that the tier 3 unlocks from special forces could be used in the main game nor did I know how powerful they were.

Then I pick up the teir 3 unlock support weapon from someone I killed and got a good 15 kills with it before my rambo attack was haulted.

Those one burst, one kill deaths all became clear. As someone who grew up with a bow in my hand these games often frusterate me as the in game guy has worse aim then I do. The unlocks at least feel far more realistic to me in that respect though I can understand where the 'noobish' comments come from.

I know from reading a lot of the vets don't care for the unlocks for this reason, but when in Rome.......

Comment

If your old school and like "All Out War" without noob rules like "No base Camping", but are admin'd by responsible people!

Try "Dead Meat" or "TomClancyServer"!

Comment

Working...
                              X