Ping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ping.

Guys, I'm down in Australia now and the servers suck. I was playing in North America and was getting 222 ping, I've never played with ping so high and it seemed that my longer shots missed more and I saw people delay before ther body dropped. Is that just me or is it due to high ping?

Basically, does ping really matter? Am I doomed to either play poorly due to high ping or just put up with garbage servers with good ping?

Re: Ping.

Yeah ping does exactly that though you do get use to it I have found. West Coast US servers you should be able to ping around 170 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
      Yeah ping does exactly that though you do get use to it I have found. West Coast US servers you should be able to ping around 170 or so.

:cry:

Man, let's get a private server in Australia and just make it kick *** dude.

Comment

Ping is everything. Most of the time, the other guy who appears to have more 'skill' than you, simply has a better ping. 150ms is the absolute max tolerable to play. When you have enemies that are around 20-35ms, they start owning you even then, when they shouldn't be.

Comment

Let me take this oppertunity to say how much VIRGIN NET suck for PING,

Tis a joke, avoid like the plague!

Comment

So what Australian company should I go with>?

Comment

I have optus cable - it's ok. i have been recommended internode a few times. Stay clear of telstra - they suck

Comment

Ive played with ~150 ping throughout my whole gaming "life". Jets- cannon use takes sh!tload of more effort. 30ms ping I can easily rack about 30% more kills.

Infantry, prepare to get owned. You need to start playing in a way where your victory over the opponent is sealed. In a 1 vs 1 situation you have to be VERY good to win, and even then prepare to reload when they bunnyhop like crazy.

Good luck, youre going to need that a lot.

Oh and try lag-shooting. Longer shots aim about a full or two full bodies ahead. If you get used to it, you will start shooting without aiming with the crosshair, but with a certain space before the crosshair.

Personally, I suggest you move to using explosives as much as you can, explosions know no lag.

Comment

I found out that there is an advantage in living in Texas after all: the pings are good!

But yes, it's kinda sad... BF2 is dying so there are fewer severs every day I guess. Some Portuguese guy said he can't play anymore because of the pings =/

Comment

Churrasco what servers do you play on? I am in OK and can't find any decent servers with a good ping. And what is up with the servers that show a zero ping? verytime I go on them, I get booted for high ping immedietly. Any help?

Comment

Being in the UK i ping alright on most servers. UK servers i ping around 30ms and ones in like France or Germany i ping 40-100ms.

Comment

Originally posted by funk3h
                        Being in the UK i ping alright on most servers. UK servers i ping around 30ms and ones in like France or Germany i ping 40-100ms.

Oh stu, in a nice way, I was playing in UK servers from Amsterdam and you have it good............ I miss it. :cry:

Comment

I have 13 ping on UK servers, and the TV missile goes through helis 9/10 times.

Comment

WTF!!!
                            150 ping....30 ping....

Tell me how, please...So far my best ping rate has been in the 280 range.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstruck
                              I have 13 ping on UK servers, and the TV missile goes through helis 9/10 times.
                              thats not cause of ping, its you being slightly off target.

@OP, find a server in your county with pings less than 100. (ideal ping is 10-30ms)

Comment

Working...
                              X