Australian Gaming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Gaming.

Australia, boy does it suck for gaming compared to what I'm used to.

I've just started playing down here after Canada and then Europe and all you can do is pub. Lots of jerks who tk all day without repercussion. I've loooked for clan servers but they are almost never full. I like playing a good 64 man that is full, it's intense and my favorite type of play. Furthermore, the full ones all seem to be either Wake Only ot Infantry only.

Where the hell are the normal servers with good admin and a regular spread of maps?

Any Aussies on? Tell me where to go or do I have to put up with 200+ ping and play in North America?

At least the talent pool is okay, except for pilots. I have been able to mop the floor with most people I've gone up against. Not everyone and like I said I'm looking for good spots. I like getting shot down it means I'm learning.

:hmm:

Re: Australian Gaming.

Australia is a country of pub-goers, it's what we do. Try Project Reality on the Bigdy server. You'll find the sort of players there that are always willing to go heavy on the teamwork and such, especially the TOG clanners.

As for Vanilla BF2 servers with admin and map rotation, they're non-existent. Few play on maps with normal/full map rotation, and when one of those manages to gather a considerable amount of players, your chances of having active admin are extremely low. It'll be 24/7 servers or IO rotation from here on out in Australia I'm afraid.

Comment

Try Internode or Gamearena, most servers are pretty full most nights. Internode 1 and 2 is usually full most nights and almost all weekend and they're full rotation. Yeah lots of IO and Wake down here. :hmm:

Gamearena = A little more competitve.
      Internode = a little more friendly.

First post BTW be gentle

Comment

Sigh, so for a bit of all around fun it's just not happening here.

Great, I love Australia, land of too much heat no weed and ****ty gaming.

Comment

best servers to use in australia is internode or gamearena OGN and i think theres a EA server i could be wrong
          thts on v1.41
          the only other would be
          OGN on v1.4
          i think there the only australian servers

Comment

Originally posted by assassin_2_death
            best servers to use in australia is internode or gamearena OGN and i think theres a EA server i could be wrong
            thts on v1.41
            the only other would be
            OGN on v1.4
            i think there the only australian servers

Internode or Gamearena = pub only, no admin which basicaly means a bunch of dickheads and no teamwork, period.

Why do Aussie's not hit up clan servers? I know you have them I've been in them it's just they are empty.

ARSE Clan in the UK which I was in had 3 FULL SERVERS! I know the population is smaller but this is a joke.

Comment

Hey you finally arrived I remember your thread from before asking this kinda stuff. Unfortunately welcome to gaming in Oz. Now you may understand why I play offshore in the US.

Gamearena unfortunately has all the scum other servers have banned. If you want to play on the worst server ever play on their Wake 24/7. You will never ever see an admin on or gameop as they call them.

Internode is not to bad, has an uncap rule but again you will rarely ever see an admin on. But if you break the uncap rule you get banned for 2 weeks, no warning.

As far as privately run ranked servers go. They have only recently become available in Oz. I'm not really sure why but when we looked into getting a ranked server when BF2 came out it wasn't possible to get one in Oz.

I just have a much better gaming experience playing in the US and there are quite a few other Aussie's who play regularly in the US too.

Comment

So where do you play?

Don't you get horrid ping?

I'll look those servers up as last night I was seriously pissed off.

I'd love to play with you actually as it would be fun to finally play with people I post with here.

Which server is yours?

Lastly, what is the best internet I can get my hands on to reduce ping from Melbourne? I don't really care what it costs but what does it cost so I can prepare my list of demads from the girlfriend.

Only half joking as she understands that I like to play so she lets me so long as I'm bringing home the bacon.

Comment

The Majority of Australians play on GameArena, Internode and ICONZ.

Don't be hattin' Aussies, the servers are really good if you asked me but they could use a few online admins now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
                    Sigh, so for a bit of all around fun it's just not happening here.

No weed...wtf? I had to leave Oz to get away from it. Australia is full of it. You just haven't made the right connection yet

Comment

I don't pay attention to who runs the server, if It's good, I play at it, if not, then I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
                        Yeah it's a tough life, here downunder. Thank your lucky stars you get broadband at all - lots of people outside capitol cities still can't get it.

I recommend internode for good broadband, also check out its forums to find at about some clans, which by the sound of it is what your looking for.

If you think melbourne gets hot try queensland or the northen territory.

And as for no weed, well..... the break should do you good.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER_76
                          Yeah it's a tough life, here downunder. Thank your lucky stars you get broadband at all - lots of people outside capitol cities still can't get it.

I recommend internode for good broadband, also check out its forums to find at about some clans, which by the sound of it is what your looking for.

If you think melbourne gets hot try queensland or the northen territory.

And as for no weed, well..... the break should do you good.

yes the break is nice but...........

Originally posted by PeaceKeeper-CAN-
                          I don't pay attention to who runs the server, if It's good, I play at it, if not, then I don't.

I don't have a choice here you see my Canuck brother, there is NO choices here. Sad but true. :|:

Comment

by the way im pretty sure internode servers r based in adelaide

http://www.game-monitor.com
                            oh and you can check where servers are at this place go to it im sure you will figer it out

Comment

Jeez mate, if you can't get weed in Australia, stop talking like an American.

Comment

Working...
                              X