"Take the chopper and you will be kicked"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Take the chopper and you will be kicked"

Would that fall under the quote below from the RoE or is that aimed at people trying to run servers with no jets / no tanks etc?

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

Found a couple of dickhead admins on the ranked SaNTa Wake server (UK based) last night saying that, would it be worth reporting them for admin abuse or would it be a waste of time?

Stay away from the server unless you like your admins to be vengeful 15 yr olds (or at least acting like it...)

Re: "Take the chopper and you will be kicked"

Originally posted by el_dext0r
    Would that fall under the quote below from the RoE or is that aimed at people trying to run servers with no jets / no tanks etc?

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.
    Yes, it does... you read it as plainly as I did.

Yes.

Comment

Might as well not report, the whole thing is laughable, EA does jack **** about anything these days.

Just the other day out of the blue, two admins decided to make thier little Kark server into K/P only, hell, there was even some stat padding going on, I told them they could get reported for it (was ranked), they told me that they had been reported times before, they laughed it off and kicked me for refusing to comply with their standards.

Point is, while ROE might do something, EA won't, that's just the way things are, and most likely will be, for the rest of BF2's "life".

You don't like a certain server's set of rules, tough, find another server.

Comment

Reporting them would be a waste of time and couse nothing but frustration on your part...
        EA wants servers to be rented so they have no interest in taking servers away from people...

Reporting them might result in a warning a few weeks from now, though
        no change in admin...

Comment

EA wants servers to be rented so they have no interest in taking servers away from people...
          My thoughts exactly, I might as well report em, see if owt happens, I won't be going on that server again tbh

Twattish I know, but I did TK them both just before the chopper spawned, so someone else flew off in it before I left the server :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by DooDaH
            Reporting them would be a waste of time and couse nothing but frustration on your part...

no change in admin...
            It does not take that much time. I've reported a few servers, and from my expierience it's not that "worthless" or "waste of time".

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
              It does not take that much time. I've reported a few servers, and from my expierience it's not that "worthless" or "waste of time".
              Any examples of what you accomplished..?

Comment

Originally posted by DooDaH
                Reporting them would be a waste of time and cause nothing but frustration on your part...

no change in admin...
                its the GSP's who would shut down the troublesome servers.

you'd be surprised the amount of clans that dont share your attitude if their admins are in violation of the BFROE they will remove their access.

as for reporting being a time wasting effort, have you ever heard the saying "every little helps"?

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                  its the GSP's who would shut down the troublesome servers.

you'd be surprised the amount of clans that dont share your attitude if their admins are in violation of the BFROE they will remove their access.

as for reporting being a time wasting effort, have you ever heard the saying "every little helps"?
                  I have some experience in making changes, but not via the report forms on bfroe.com

I am a solo chopper pilot, so not often loved eventhough I never teamkill or redline for it...

There is one server which now allowes me to chopper solo when appropriate after first I was banned there...
                  I went to their website to converse and now that admin is out of the clan, also due to earlier abusiveness...

A report could not have accomplished this, since bfroe is in the dark about wether or not admins may kick you for seatswitching...

Every little bit helps yes, but I doubt reporting is the right way to go...

If anyone out here has had any success in geting clans to change their abusive ways by reporting to bfroe, I'd love to hear about them...

I reported a server once for a kick, couse you had to be in their teamspeak to fly as also stated on their clan website rules...
                  There has been no change, but even if there were, they would just make room for admins... if you get my point...

Comment

Release the hounds Smithers.....

Comment

Originally posted by VEThrifty
                      Might as well not report, the whole thing is laughable, EA does jack **** about anything these days.
                      you may be right about servers, but i reported a player a while ago to BFROE, nothing was done in a month or 2. later i reported the same person to EA, the next day his stats were wiped.

Comment

I'd like to know how many times dA have been reported and they haven't changed their ways.

Comment

The best thing to do is to report them directly to their GSP. Any GSP that is responsible will shut the server down or at least speak to the admins. At the same time, report them to http://support.ea.com and to http://bfroe.com.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                            I'd like to know how many times dA have been reported and they haven't changed their ways.
                            Don't blame the guys at bfroe though...
                            They just forward the many reports to EA...

Again a waste of time, unless it's about a knife and pistol server, for which bfroe.com reports were made... (I believe)

Furtheremore, admins may at any time kick players for disrupting teamplay as they see it... Beeing it taking their tank, plane or chopper...
                            If you disrupt an admin, you may be kicked...

Admin privelidge...
                            This we all have to except...

Originally posted by GrössKopf
                            The best thing to do is to report them directly to their GSP. Any GSP that is responsible will shut the server down or at least speak to the admins.
                            +1 karma for that advice...
                            Any report made to bfroe will be forwarded to EA support, which will in turn forward it to the GSP involved...
                            Why not go directly to the GSP..?

I would suggest though, that people first take a look the bfroe report forms, to see what information is required to succesfully make a report to a GSP...

Any statements made beond are not advisable in your reports...
                            BFroe was constructed to make sure people would not write endless essays about some admin beeind abusive, while forgetting to provide the information needed...

Comment

Re: &quot;Take the chopper and you will be kicked&quot;

Originally posted by el_dext0r

Found a couple of dickhead admins on the ranked SaNTa Wake server (UK based) last night saying that, would it be worth reporting them for admin abuse or would it be a waste of time?

Stay away from the server unless you like your admins to be vengeful 15 yr olds (or at least acting like it...)
                              Reporting is pointless, nothing can be done. Just take the chopper. Hopefully they will ban you, so if you mistakenly connect to the same server later, at least you won't be able to join again.

Comment

Working...
                              X