BF2 is completely unplayable!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 is completely unplayable!!

its true BF2 has become completely unplayable. i have uninstalled, patched defragged and done everything under the sun to fix this problem.i cannot tell you what it is exactly i can only tell you the symptoms. loads 10s thats fine. i find a game double click. i am stuck at 15%, then 63% then 90% and the music has looped at least twice . thats about 5 mins to load a map. when i get in to the game there is never ending lag. no matter how long i stay still it lags. when i input a command like move forward it responds then keeps going long after i took my finger off the button . i have done all graphics settings to fix this but to no avail. i have patched everything: graphics, sound and punkbuster. this i must say is recent. i was playing BF2 marvelously after i recieved my comp back from repair for a fried motherboard. i was playing all high 6X AA with no lag. AMAZING!!! then one day my comp just gives up and i am reverted to ATTEMPT to play like this:cry: . oh, BFV, special forces, and age of mythology were installed and that is when i think the problem started. plz help and thank you in advance to anyone who can get me back to p00ning soon.

Re: BF2 is completely unplayable!!

You could try a system restore, if that doesnt work, reformatt

Comment

how do i do that?

Comment

i will have to say its your graphics card drivers, roll back to older ones delete your documents cache and try again

Comment

how would older drivers help?

Comment

for some reason unexplainable some older drivers work better than new ones, what vid card do you have?

Comment

i have an ATI x300 hypermemory if thats what you mean

Comment

yup thats the one, unfortunatly i dont know much about ATI at all so just sit back wait and hope someone will tell ya what a good drivers is for the card, or do a search

Comment

Originally posted by Armageddon_89
                  its true BF2 has become completely unplayable.
                  i was playing BF2 marvelously after i recieved my comp back from repair for a fried motherboard. i was playing all high 6X AA with no lag. AMAZING!!!
                  Originally posted by Armageddon_89
                  i have an ATI x300 hypermemory if thats what you mean
                  I am not calling you a liar, I am saying you are mistaken. There is no way in hell an x300 will play BF2 with all HIGH settings and 6xAA...the only exception being 640x480 resolution, maybe.

If you want to be able to play again, you need to adjust your settings to a realistic level that the x300 can actually handle...all high is NOT going to happen, and you'll be lucky to have 2xAA in 1024x768 with that card.

Goto:
                  C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

erase all the folders that are inside the cache folder so that the cache folder is now empty.

Now start BF2 again and goto your settings and lower them! Start by putting everything at MEDIUM.
                  Since we don't know what the rest of your system specs are, I'll have to take a guess based on the ridiculously low-end video card chosen to be the backbone of your gaming experiences:

I'd be surprised to learn you have 2x512 of ram...if so, no way in hell you can run TEXTURES at anything but MEDIUM.

Dynamic Shadows - LOW

Texture Filtering(Anisotropic Filtering) - MEDIUM

Put your Anti-Aliasing at 2x
                  Try it out now, I bet it works. If your framerates are good enough, you can begin raising settings again. If your framerates are still bad or you are unable to join still, then you need more LOW's.

When you have finally found your perfect settings(AFTER the shader optimization waiting), quit and go back to that Documents/cache folder and erase all of them except the latest one. The latest one is the only one that is used.
                  Yes, I read that you have tried all graphic settings...but have you tried them after clearing your cache folders is the question? BF2 might be trying to load off of every folder you have in there. Clearing this folder is a known helpful trick in many cases for driver changes, etc etc.

Comment

thanx yes i have cleared the cache but i am encountering a problem: e.g i am walking holding down W i take my finger off and it continues. any knowhow to fix this?. i got 1 gb RAM and an intel cely D if that helps thanx.

thanx also for not calling me a liar. might it be something like the card getting used to BF2 so it gave high graphics then it gave up? and i see no help with a system restore. i am now getting that movement problem above. can sumone tell me how to reformat. i am not a hacker i dont know most of these terms and how to use em.

Comment

Working...
                    X