Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 CTD at Connecting to Network Screen

This crash is driving me mad.

I just recently sprung for a 6800XT for my AGP system. I've got 1gig of RAM and P4 w/ HT 3.00GHz. With my old FX 5500, I could sorta play BF2, but not well enough to bother.

I put the new card in a few days ago and grabbed the latest patch (1.41). I installed it and tried to run BF2. I got to the account login screen, selected my account, and hit the login button. I got the "Connecting to Account Server" screen for a minute, saw the spinning 2, and then BOOM! Desktop...

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Just on a whim, I tried with 1.0 (pre-patch). It worked fine (despite the fact that there were few servers with that version online).

Hmm... I repatched and tried again. CTD.

I uninstalled, deleted all my Reg Keys, deleted the folder in My Documents, and tried a third time. CTD.

I tried with a local account. Worked.

Just for fun, I tried Retrieve an Account for a random account name and password. Apparently BF2 connects enough to realize that that password isn't valid.

So, help?

Re: BF2 CTD at Connecting to Network Screen

Anyone?? I just tried to play this game again, and it's still giving me this error.

I like 1942 better than all the later BF games. Not only is it more balanced, it's also a lot less buggy!

Comment

Working...
    X