Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My game keeps crashing down

Hi i have an Asus laptop.
    is a intel centrino due t5500 with 1 gb ram and an Nvidia Geforce 7300 with 512 mb. i bought BF2 but when i play it i can only play like 5 minutes then it freezes the game but not the computer. What can i do to solve this?

Re: My game keeps crashing down

ok lets go back to basics:

1) how hot is the laptops when it does this?

2) have you got the latest drivers for your hardware on?

3) have you tried reinstall of bf2?

4) Make sure youve done basic house keeping, for example disk defragment etc.

5) If yo do dont run bf2 with msn or something like that open make sure all apps are closed!

Comment

1) Its cold 'cause i boot my pc and then open the game and it happens

2) Yes i have the lattest nvidia drivers and Asus have and live update that updates my drivers when there are new updates availiable

3)yes, like a thousand times never worked

4)i do defragment every week

5) when i use BF2 (if is just singleplayer when i dont play online) i dont have any applications active (if i play mutiplayer only use teamspeak) but it freezes even if i dont have any applications open

What could it be

Comment

have you tried playing all ur graphics settings all on low. As they maybe set to high for it!

Comment

i'll try that
          but, i read the recommended setting and my computer is good enough to use it at medium or high settings
          so it is supposed to work well in my pc

Comment

You only have 1Gb of RAM, so you are pushing your system at med to high graphics settings which could cause your freeze ups!!! Is your sound quality set to high too??

I run with 2Gb RAM and 512MB Video RAM, medium sound quality and medium graphic settings....and have had no freezes. When I had everything set to high with AA on then I would get occassional freeze ups!

I did a ctrl-alt-del to get to taskmanger to see BF2 using 950,000 bytes of my 2GB RAM!!!! and that is ontop of 25 essential programs running for the system, mouse, joystick, headset and keyboard!!! So I have tied up 1.5 Gb of my 2GB RAM.

1) turn video settings to medium (Anti Alasis off)
            2) turn sound quality to medium
            3) from BFHQ menu hit control-alt-delete to get to taskmanger and see how much RAM BF2.exe is using?
            4) see how many other processes are running and how much RAM they are tying up.

You might need a RAM upgrade!

Good Luck with tweaking your system....keep us posted!!
            Kulamonster

I have also turned my sound quality to medium, which speeds it up and avoids freezes.

Comment

Working...
            X