Wake Air Show FTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Air Show FTW

After playing this small mod for a few days, my jet skills have increased a lot. I recommend anyone who has never really ventured much into the air to give this little mod a crack, its a lot of fun!

Get it Here.

Re: Wake Air Show FTW

Ive tried it its fun for awhil but after about 20 minutes of shooting down 1 person it can get boring.

Comment

But taking 20 mins to shoot somebody down takes skill.
      I would try it, but I'm not a pilot no more, don't want to get used to it again.

Comment

Try TLD server. there are always at least 4 - 6 ppl on it on that map.

Comment

I found out quickly that Wake is the WORST map for dogfights. I wish there was something else.

Comment

Only because its all open air. If your looking for a run where you have to dodge things, or try to lose the enemy through obstacles, then Wake isnt the map for you. Wake dogfighting is more realistic because your in the open air, and you need to escape pilots with more "skill".

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia
              Only because its all open air. If your looking for a run where you have to dodge things, or try to lose the enemy through obstacles, then Wake isnt the map for you. Wake dogfighting is more realistic because your in the open air, and you need to escape pilots with more "skill".
              LOL, "realistic"... Even with such a bit of "realism" it will never even begin to outweight the arcadey BF2 nature.

Wake is horrible for dogfights, most seasoned dogfighters will tell you this. What needs to be done, is a custom map with actual terrain, proper view distance, and dynamic fog of war to emulate clouds.

Although Wake island is great for some rare frag sessions with dogfighting in mind, its only so because its the only true dogfighters map.

Comment

Falcon 4 for realism.
                Wake airshow FTW

Comment

Is this one working on 1.41? The last one I downloaded didn't work on 1.41. Maps were read in the server browser :s

Comment

omg i downloaded this mod. tried to install it and it says the file is corrupt or damaged, what does this mean and how do i fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by makka99
                      omg i downloaded this mod. tried to install it and it says the file is corrupt or damaged, what does this mean and how do i fix it?
                      Maybe try another mirror - google "wake air show" for some possibilities.

IT isn't so much a mod as a new level, to play do a filter search of wake air show with ranked turned off.

The australian server is prooving popular with 20 jets up in the air at once! Quite a blast!!

Comment

I found out quickly that Wake is the WORST map for dogfights. I wish there was something else.
                        I agree, Wake is a little plain, it should be Kubra cause it has quite alot of obstacles, Oman, or Daqing Oilfields.

Comment

Oman is as plain as Wake, and in Kubra, obstacles rarely affect the fight.

Im thinking something a´la Dalian mountainous terrain, with canyons between 0 and 500-600 metre altitude.

Comment

Its not a mod, so dont install it to your \mods\ directory. Its a custom map. And is played on vBF2.

Comment

Working...
                            X