SF Login Acting Weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Login Acting Weird

When I login to SF, it takes a long time to connect to the account server (over a minute), and when it finally does, it auto-connects to a game server. I searched the forum, and found the following post, documenting what seems to be the same problem:

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
    Another recently reported problem with SF:

*Logging into the account server from the desktop Icon has taken up to 5 minutes. Once logged in, the behavior is similar to pressing the "Play Now" button.sometimes the account server is slow, I guess I would need more detail on this, I have never had it "play now" since I removed that icon from my desktop
    This doesn't really give an answer, and it was from a long time ago, so perhaps someone else might have more info on this situation. It's not really a big problem, but it gets really annoying.

Re: SF Login Acting Weird

If you use the Play online now icon, thats a very bad shortcut to play online by EA, i suggest using the original icon

Comment

yes, delete all your battlefield shortcuts that say "play online now". those just connect you to a random server.
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Apart from using the original BF2 icon you could also skip the opening cut scene as well by pasting the following into your shortcut's target properties - "C:\Program Files\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1 +restart Using this I can be up and away less than thirty seconds after clicking on the BF2 shortcut.

Comment

To speed up your login to the account server you have to delete your red servers in your favioutes as bf2 is trying to ping them and it takes a long time . it is proven to speed up login time , and it really does work!

Comment

Working...
          X