"Losing Key Packets"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Losing Key Packets"

Yes, as stated above, I was kicked earlier for this for 2 minutes, I am curious what this is. Earlier today my computer was slow and I kept getting Network errors and having to crash from servers. Please tell me some info. or advice.
    Thanks,
    -SuperTrooper9977
    p.s. I have played this game for about 600 hours and have never had this problem, thanks.

Re: "Losing Key Packets"

Originally posted by SuperTrooper
    Yes, as stated above, I was kicked earlier for this for 2 minutes, I am curious what this is. Earlier today my computer was slow and I kept getting Network errors and having to crash from servers. Please tell me some info. or advice.
    Thanks,
    -SuperTrooper9977
    p.s. I have played this game for about 600 hours and have never had this problem, thanks.
    youre posed to keep up with them packets they give you if you lose them you get kicked

:laugh:

Comment

Please no smart comments. Thank you.

Comment

Losing key packets can mean the difference in someone killing you, and you skipping a step and missing the bullets.

If you've ever played Halo 2 or no people who are real in to it. You know about host. This is generally the same idea. The host will always have the best connection. The reason I bring this up is because there are plenty of exploits to this. Hooking you XBOX up to your computer and using programs to make sure you ALWAYS get host. Or putting your modem on standby so everyone else lags(or something like that, my friend said something about it and I'm sure it's more complicated than that).

Losing packets means lag. Lag means things mess up. Removing you from the game helps to make the game more balanced for everyone playing.

This is also a big deal in Far Cry. Some people aren't actually good, they just always have great connections to servers and can get the extra one up on people because of hitboxes and the sort.

If anyone has anything better I'm excited to read it.(No sarcasm intended)

Comment

I'm not sure about this

but that particular error should due to PB kicking you for too much packet loss. It doesn't necessarily mean that you actually have packet loss, but that server hasn't recieved all packets from your PB, and it kicks you after awhile. It's probably some anti-cheat measure - like hacked clients do this on purpose

it doesn't ban you or anything, and doesn't kick you after few lost packets, but after longer period of constant missing packets

try updating your punkbuster manually and see if it helps

Comment

Originally posted by [SMS]PrototypeJC
            Losing key packets can mean the difference in someone killing you, and you skipping a step and missing the bullets.

If you've ever played Halo 2 or no people who are real in to it. You know about host. This is generally the same idea. The host will always have the best connection. The reason I bring this up is because there are plenty of exploits to this. Hooking you XBOX up to your computer and using programs to make sure you ALWAYS get host. Or putting your modem on standby so everyone else lags(or something like that, my friend said something about it and I'm sure it's more complicated than that).

Losing packets means lag. Lag means things mess up. Removing you from the game helps to make the game more balanced for everyone playing.

This is also a big deal in Far Cry. Some people aren't actually good, they just always have great connections to servers and can get the extra one up on people because of hitboxes and the sort.

If anyone has anything better I'm excited to read it.(No sarcasm intended)
            Ty for the "No sarcasm". I know what I did for this kick. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X