New to PC BF2.. Couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to PC BF2.. Couple questions

After playing BF2 Modern Combat on 360 almost since launch, I finally broke down and get the PC2 version since its so cheap now. Anyway, i had a couple of questions I was hoping I could get some help with.
    1. My PC is a AMD64 3700+, 1GB Corsair XMS (2GB kit on order), eVGA 7900GT KO, DFI Lan Party nF4. Should I be able to play at native 1680x1050 (Gateway 21" LCD) with everything on High and AA at 4x? What kind of FPS should I be expecting? When I added the command to see my FPS in game, it displayed some number like '80.2/20.4' or something similar. What do each of the 2 numbers mean?
    2. How can I tell in game which version of BF2 I have updated. Meaning, how can I tell if I have the most up to date software? Somewhere it should say if I have 1.41 or not I would assume.
    3. Wow are Bf2:MC for 360 and this different. Well, not really a question, but just a general comment.

Thanks so much for whatever help you can give me on my 2 main questions.

Thanks

Re: New to PC BF2.. Couple questions

not high with 1 gig, you need 1.5-2gigs to play maxed, if you decide to max out with that ram you will lagg like crazy at the beginning of the rounds,i wud say all medium with that res. and you will have to force that res for the game to work, try this link it will help
    http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78473

oh yeah welcome to totalBF2

Comment

For your 1st question, once you have 2gb of RAM, you will be able to run the game maxed out with 4xAA. The first number is your FPS and the 2nd number is the time between frames(in ms)

Comment

I had everything maxed out, with peaks of around 90FPS, lows around 30 with a complete max out now. As I have said, 2GB is in the mail. It does start out REALLY REALLY laggy at the begining (why is that)? It seems to smooth out alot near the end. What is the ideal FPS range?

Thanks for the link for the widescreen guide, I had already seen and used it, but none the less, its always helpful

Comment

well i get 50 in the beggining of karkand and 75-165 through out the game i play maxed 4XAA 1400X1050 res.

Comment

So how can I tell what version I am running of the game? at the main screen, it says at the top right, under Quit 1.1.2965-797.0... not sure what this is.. any help?

Comment

That it the actually version.

The lag at the beginning of the round is from only having 1gb of RAM. When u get 2gb of ram, the problem will be solved.

Comment

even though I had installed the 1.41 patch now, it still says the same thing... is it suppose to say 1.41?

Comment

can you play online?? if you can dont worry about it lol:P

Comment

Working...
                  X