BF2 will not load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 will not load

Hi guys, sorry to bother but was looking for some input. I built a secondary machine to hook-up to my TV, Viewsonic 37" LCD. However, every time I try to load BF2 it crashes to the desktop and/or freezes. This typically happens when I get to 62% gemometry optimization. I've never been able to get the game to fully load on this system. I'm leaning towards it being a bad video card but COD2 runs just fine in DX9. **Just had a crash in COD2.. freezing and looping buzz noise**

Antec Case plenty of air flow, temps all low
    Antec 400W PSU
    AMD 64 3200 (single core)
    Abit K8N Nforce 4 chipset
    4x512= 2 GB Corsair pc3200 value ram (I just added 2 new 512 sticks, same model number)
    EVGA 7800 GT (recertified from newegg)
    D-Link 108 gbs wireless pci card
    bluetooth keyboard & mouse

I have disabled Cool n Quiet. Updated to the latest Nforce chipset drivers, latest nvidia video drivers, latest AC97 audio drivers.

Updated punkbuster, put video settings on medium & audio on medium software sound. disabled the eax.

Re: BF2 will not load

Try messing with the DX hardware speed.

Comment

i have that problem too and it is a common problem usually related to how BF2 loads files. have you defragged and wat are your specs for help purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
        Try messing with the DX hardware speed.

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...celeration.php
        Actually, I set it to basic via sound in the control panel with no luck

Originally posted by Armageddon_89
        i have that problem too and it is a common problem usually related to how BF2 loads files. have you defragged and wat are your specs for help purposes?
        It was a fresh XP install and I haven't defragged yet. What specs are you refering to? My comp specs are in the first post.

Comment

62% is actually when it starts loading Textures. Set Textures to low in the BF2 options and see what happens.

Comment

It's not the video card, same thing happened when I tried my 8800 GTX. I popped 2 of the ram sticks and set the video settings to low and I was able to load the game. However when I changed it back to medium the game crashed again during loading.

Comment

Working...
            X