PR and battlefield 2 as compared to aa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR and battlefield 2 as compared to aa

Ok.. im old school americas army.. I still very much love the game.. i started 4 years ago and the realism then blew me away.. I have not played in some time.. but due to the lack of teamwork and all the bullcrap going on in battlefield 2 i am thinking about going back.

But i have also been interested in the project reality mod aswell and i am wondering what its all about..

I love realism.. and if anyone has played Americas Army you know that its all about realism..

So how does project reality stack up to americas army..

what are some features in project reality that would justify my downloading it over americas army..

Keep in mind Americas army is a 2.5 gig download.. and for me that is a very big puttoff to the game.

Re: PR and battlefield 2 as compared to aa

hehe, you should wait till feb the 8th when PR v0.5 gets released and try that, thou it will be around 1.5gb download...

Comment

Truthfully speaking PR is more about teamplay than realism. Yeah, we are definitely trying to model weapon systems and damage characteristics realistically, but there's only so much fidelity in the engine for that sort of thing.

Check the Player Guide out:

PR has a learning curve, can be frustrating and requires that you team up with some good players to enjoy it (otherwise you just end up dead all the time).

I have to say that v0.5 bring so many major changes that it's going to take a few weeks to really assess what we need to tweak.

Here's one example of changes over BF2... in v0.5 most forward CPs have no spawn points. Squad Leaders who are using the Officer kits (officer kits are another change over BF2) can set a "rally point". This acts as a spawn location for that squad (and persists when the SL dies). So when you capture a CP, you don't immediately get to spawn there.. your Officers have to set up soem rally points before you can spawn in the area.

I'm a ****ty sales guy hehe.. download it for free on or about the 8th when we release v0.5. Hopefully you'll like it

Comment

I think PR is better than AA although I have not played the lastest versions of AA. The built in VOIP is a huge help for teamwork. Damage modeling is about the same although BF2 has slightly worse hit detection. The vehicles and mixed arms in PR make it so much better. The maps are bigger, the vehicles add layers to the battlefield that makes it so much more intense. There are fewer interior battles than AA and more outside and long range battles like Ghost Recon. If you are into AA and like teamwork I think that you will enjoy PR immensely.

Comment

I played aa for about 3 patches and got tired of it.

Comment

But PRM sooooooooooooo good

Comment

Working...
            X