Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket loss rate question.

Ok here is a small backstory.

I was in a server that was very much full 60 or so folks.. We just started wake island i was on the usmc side.

Our ground troops did a very good job of capping flags.. in no time at all we had 5 of the 6 flags capped.. of course the flag we could not cap was the airfield.

Now we spent the whole game fighting for the airfield and defending our flags.. for the entire game we had 5 of the 6 flags available..

Yet for some reason we had still been loosing tickets faster than the other team... they had 140 we had about 90

Then a thought hit me.. even though we controlled the ground flags.. we had a VERY TERRIBLE group of jet pilots on our team.. at the beggining of the round they tked for the jets they wanted and they stayed the pilots the whole time..

They did not do a damn thing..it was so bad the the mec teams pilots would just shoot them down like they are nothing and then come and bomb our ground assets. it was so bad that most of the time we never had vehicles.. and the enemy had vehicles that had no threat at all from the air... even faced with that kind of a handicap we still dominated the ground.

So we now had 30 tickets left and the mec side had 80... by this time i was pretty pissed because the people on the ground had been working their asses off.. we had 5 of 6 flags and throughout most of the game had the artillery down..

So how in gods name could we be loosing..

Finally someone spoke up and asked the lame pilots to give up their jets to someone that did not suck..

Of course they just kept flying and being sucky and lame..

I can only assume we lost the round because of those crappy pilots.. because on the ground we pretty much dominated..

Am i right in my assumption?

Because had we some decent pilots that could dogfight the other jets may have been far to busy dogfighting than to bomb the groundpounders and further deplete our tickets.. and also then maybe we could have gotten our poor attack choppers in the air.. because the enemy had an attack chopper in the air until someone finally shot them down from the ground..

and if these terrible pilots had been the cause of our loss.. maybe that is another cause of all the hate for pilots nowadays.. because i see this crappy pilot action quite a bit actually.

Re: Ticket loss rate question.

Wake only has 5 flags. PLA is on Wake, not MEC, and J-10s will always be able to shoot down crappy F-35 pilots. Always.

Comment

oh my bad.. i was counting the usmc uncappable carrier flag also

and to make it easy on myself i always refer to it as usmc and mec.

and you did not even answer my question..

I was asking if it makes sense that the lack of air support for the usmc side caused the loss..

And im almost positive i have played that level with good pilots and won... so obviously j-10's will not ALWAYS dominate other jets.. Maybe most of the time.. but never ALWAYS..

but yes a agree with you crappy pilots get dominated.. but thats kinda my point

wanna take another crack at answering my question?

Comment

if the pilots are the same skill level... the J-10s win most of the time...

who cares if you loss the round? the noob pilots probably did lose the round for you, but it's a team game... you shoulda stepped up.. oooooh, "but I did everything I could and my pilots were tking!!"

oh well.

Comment

if the pilots are the same skill level... the J-10s win most of the time...

who cares if you loss the round? the noob pilots probably did lose the round for you, but it's a team game... you shoulda stepped up.. oooooh, "but I did everything I could and my pilots were tking!!"

oh well.

Comment

you lost tickets faster because the other team probably had medics,and as you said, air support, to keep the tickets from going down any faster.

whereas your team probably had no medics, lack of air support, ect.

So while you were getting bombed, strafed, tank'd, ect, your team was letting them balance the ticket loss. And as said before, China probably had medics to back up the deaths on thier team.

Comment

Fight harder to make up for those pilots.

Comment

Yeah... your team lost tickets due to death. Plain and simple.

Comment

As already said....if your team had more deaths then you had more lost tickets. On DC they had at the bottom of the score screen a line which had the team stats - like total kills, total deaths, average ping. I found this a useful tool. Its a shame that these team stats are not in BF2, it would prob help answer your question

Comment

Ya it totally pisses me off that we lost due to crummy pilots.

Because it was such an awsome game to.. no one talked trash.. and when the ground forces met it was a pretty epic battle... bullet spray everywhere. squads going to do what they do.. we had a squad working the front.. a squad taking the artty and my squad was working our way around the back of the airfield..

If only we had the air support we needed than less bombs would have been dropped and far less deaths would have been sustained..

Then it would have been one of the greatest games i had ever played

Comment

You didn't lose because of the pilots.

Comment

Thats why the BF2 ticket system is flawed...On a map like karkand you can hold all flags except the factory but the ticket loss will not deplete any faster for MEC.....IMO you didn't dominate the ground as much as you made out, a few "lame" pilots couldn't lose you the whole round if you were dominating soo much.

Comment

Wake only has 5 flags. PLA is on Wake, not MEC, and J-10s will always be able to shoot down crappy F-35 pilots. Always.
                          F-35B owns...

Comment

Working...
                          X