Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactics and such...!

Hi all,

I was wondering how I am supposed to roll??? I see on my Battlerecorder that I'm rolling alot but I don't know how? So how do I do it plz?

And when I watch my BR its in "spec" MODE AND i CAN'T SEE IT IN FIRST PERSON OR 3RD!

And I was wondering what the best tactic is of taking on 3 (max) players and not dieing???

I will write more later but I gota go bye all and thx

Re: Tactics and such...!

There is no roll, it's just a graphic. And as for taking on 3 players at a time? Shoot well. If that doesn't work, resort to manic bunnyhopping and nade spamming.

Comment

Bunnyhop and insta-prone when you see em. Spam claymores around you when sniper etc.

Comment

Depends on the situation. If you come across 3 guys capping a flag while proned it's pretty easy as an AT guy. Noob tube the first leaving the other two startled and then skull **** them with a DAO-12.

Comment

shoot them before they shoot you simple as that

Comment

Why do people like the roll so much? It's automatic!

Comment

Ok thanks....but for the roll thing, welll, just graphic?! Cause when they roll they are moving side ways faster then strafing prone....so for me its harder to hit.....is it just going foward and strafing, then pressing prone....that is a ll I wana know about that. Should I get SF....I just want it for the guns not the maps or vehicules....but if I get it that doesnt mean I wont play SF maps I just mean its the main reason I would get it is the guns!

Comment

I think it going sideways-prone.

Comment

Because when you come up against it that split second of rolling can throw off your aim and allow them to headshot you.

As to tactics:
                  If you come up against 3 enemies the tactics depend very much on the gun you're holding and whether they have seen you but basically spot them and find some cover and shoot at their heads or spot them, find cover and lob a nade at the group. spotting them does two things. If they hide you can still see them for a short period on the overhead map and your team can also see them and may start firing in their direction, distracting them.

Chances are they will scatter and you can try to go after them one at a time or lob another nade in the direction they are running in. If possible get a uav over you so you can see where they are if they hide. For this you need to be in a squad and talking to your squad leader who is talking to the commander or just lucky.

If you are a medic spam some medic bags around nearby and then when they shoot you run over them to replenish your health while you shoot back.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceKeeper-CAN-
                    Is there a difference bettween what you said and going foward/sideways prone and what you said?

Originally posted by pjpowell
                    Because when you come up against it that split second of rolling can throw off your aim and allow them to headshot you.

As to tactics:
                    If you come up against 3 enemies the tactics depend very much on the gun you're holding and whether they have seen you but basically spot them and find some cover and shoot at their heads or spot them, find cover and lob a nade at the group. spotting them does two things. If they hide you can still see them for a short period on the overhead map and your team can also see them and may start firing in their direction, distracting them.

Chances are they will scatter and you can try to go after them one at a time or lob another nade in the direction they are running in. If possible get a uav over you so you can see where they are if they hide. For this you need to be in a squad and talking to your squad leader who is talking to the commander or just lucky.

If you are a medic spam some medic bags around nearby and then when they shoot you run over them to replenish your health while you shoot back.
                    Good idea....I always spot before I even shoot.....how does BR work....I would like to get it in first person not 3rd and it wont follow the guy

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                      Hi all,

I was wondering how I am supposed to roll??? I see on my Battlerecorder that I'm rolling alot but I don't know how? So how do I do it plz?

And when I watch my BR its in "spec" MODE AND i CAN'T SEE IT IN FIRST PERSON OR 3RD!

And I was wondering what the best tactic is of taking on 3 (max) players and not dieing???

I will write more later but I gota go bye all and thx
                      just an animation, a good tip is to use cover well. just duck behind pillars, boxes, corners etc, even bushes stop some bullets ive realised.

Comment

Go to google video, watch Duck & Cover. Mind you, all those kills are made in matches against very skilled players, but Redux was easily one of the best players of all time in BF2. Anyone can take down 3-4 guys in a pub server. I've taken out whole squads by myself by being lucky, using tactics, and well placed nades. I remember on a Sharqi(yes, vehicles) server attacking City Entrance as MEC. Roll up from the hill side, pick two guys off coming up to teabag, throw down a medic pack for heal, throw another down in case I get shot soon(do this if you're staying in one spot for more than 15 seconds, this way you already have a pack down to heal yourself). Ran up behind the building, picked a guy off, ran around the corner, threw a nade at the corner in hopes to kill someone running after me, which it did. Ran and got under cover at the flag, threw a nade on the building where people spawn, killed someone proned as support and someone who had just spawned in. Flag neutral, two guys come to help cap it. Run off to surveillance, pick a guy off coming from the east side, and pick one more off and get killed. Easily my favorite one man run I have ever made, I've had better, but this one I used tactics and common sense awareness of my surroundings. I've stopped playing Medic a lot though.

As for the roll, my friend and I ran some less than perfect tests. It seems if you press down either strafe key while proning, you will do the roll about 80% of the time. I'm not saying you have to strafe while proning to do it, or that it is a sure fire way to do a roll even, it's just what we came up with.

Comment

I saw duck & cover....very good, I also saw controversy 1 and 2.

I play airsoft and always win against others who are 21-32 and I'm 14!

But I can't seem to use those tactics on BF2! Or think of them on time!!

If you can just give me some things to think about in the .57 seconds I have to rect to bullet fire ect....

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceKeeper-CAN-
                            Just strafe and press Z and you will roll. The reason you guys think it goes faster is because of the fact that you actually are strafing at the same time.

Comment

Yeah I know that we are strafing and its just graphic but he slides sideways instead of...."strafing" and then once hes prone he strafes!

Comment

Working...
                              X