Same team on server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same team on server

Me and my friends would like to be in the same team (and group) but when we logon the autobalacing puts us in different team. Is there any way that we can control this or is the only solution to find servers with autobalacing=off?

Re: Same team on server

There is no way around it unless you sit in an empty server and all go on one side with the players that join going on the opposite side if you see my point.

Comment

if your all in a squad you wont get switched,

usually just wait for someone to disconnect and someone can jump over

Comment

ok, as I thought.. Thanks for fast reply!

Comment

if the server has "auto balance" = ON
          then you should NOT be able to switch yourself
          no matter how unbalanced it is
          (sometimes you can - but that is a flaw)
          best thing to do is ask if an Admin is in the game
          he CAN switch you - but you have to be dead to be switched
          if there is no admin - best way is for the guy on the wrong team
          is to disconnect and re-join the game
          being IN a squad to prevent switching only works if the server has "Smart Balance" on, and even that does not keep you from getting switched
          it only sends a lone wolf over first, but if there are NO lone wolfs, then you WILL get switched - even the commander can get switched if it is too uneven
          ps
          I am not guessing at this - I Sr admin and have been active in the testing of the admin programs as well
          ps
          our server, (and many others with ventrilo and/or team speak) are happy to put friends on same teams - just ask in game

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
            if the server has "auto balance" = ON
            then you should NOT be able to switch yourself
            no matter how unbalanced it is
            (sometimes you can - but that is a flaw)
            best thing to do is ask if an Admin is in the game
            he CAN switch you - but you have to be dead to be switched
            if there is no admin - best way is for the guy on the wrong team
            is to disconnect and re-join the game
            being IN a squad to prevent switching only works if the server has "Smart Balance" on, and even that does not keep you from getting switched
            it only sends a lone wolf over first, but if there are NO lone wolfs, then you WILL get switched - even the commander can get switched if it is too uneven
            ps
            I am not guessing at this - I Sr admin and have been active in the testing of the admin programs as well
            ps
            our server, (and many others with ventrilo and/or team speak) are happy to put friends on same teams - just ask in game
            i can do it everytime, autobalance just evens up the teams if for say a new round starts and the teams are 30vs27 before people spawn (at which point the AB kicks in and balances the team, you can swap over), you can do the same mid round aswell if it happens.

ive not seen SL, SM, Commanders get moved across to the other team from autobalance it is stupid if it ever does.

Comment

Originally posted by djpa
              Me and my friends would like to be in the same team (and group) but when we logon the autobalacing puts us in different team. Is there any way that we can control this or is the only solution to find servers with autobalacing=off?
              The default game autobalance is garbage. You can end up with 3/4 on the US side.

Servers that have autobalance=0 doesn't necessarily mean they aren't balancing teams. We use smartbalance which is built into BF2CC (admin software) and it always keeps the sides balanced but easily lets you change teams.

The key is when you find a server like that, swap to your buddies team then straight away hit insert to create a squad it will guarantee you don't get teamswitched again then get you buddy to join your squad.

Better still is if you find a server like that, make a small donation then ask them to put your name into the smartbalance system. It will guarantee you never get teamswitched ever again.

Autobalance=1 servers make me cringe because you can hardly ever get on your mates team.

Comment

Me and my clanmates have little trouble hooking up. Some tips:

join the loosing team.
                stagger start times.
                1/2 or 3/4 full servers.
                xfire.
                wait for server messengers telling when people leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                  if your all in a squad you wont get switched,

usually just wait for someone to disconnect and someone can jump over

You will get swapped team by AutoBalance, if you are a squad member

AutoBalance won't swap SquadLeaders & Commanders.

If admin do !swap playername , then you'll get swapped - even if you are a SL og CMD

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
                    You will get swapped team by AutoBalance, if you are a squad member

AutoBalance won't swap SquadLeaders & Commanders.

If admin do !swap playername , then you'll get swapped - even if you are a SL og CMD
                    never happened to me.. and the servers im on dont usually have admins on so the latter doesnt happen

Comment

if you run autobalance = ON
                      you CAN NOT simply change teams
                      if you can - then someone MODDED the modmanager.con file
                      smart balance is an "smarter version" in that all it does it TRY to give priority to certain players (clan, squad, etc)
                      and you cannot (er SHOULD not) run AB and SB at the same time, or it breaks the algorithm

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                      The default game autobalance is garbage. You can end up with 3/4 on the US side.
                      I agree with this ^^^ part
                      lately - the AB lets one side wind up with too many players
                      easy to understand if many on losing team quit
                      but then NEW players should get sent to team with lower number of players
                      and that does not always happen

we just started getting the SB again
                      hopefully it works better than before

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                        i can do it everytime, autobalance just evens up the teams if for say a new round starts and the teams are 30vs27 before people spawn (at which point the AB kicks in and balances the team, you can swap over), you can do the same mid round aswell if it happens.

ive not seen SL, SM, Commanders get moved across to the other team from autobalance it is stupid if it ever does.
                        naah, commanders probably never get switched, and neither sl.
                        and yeah, switching teams is possible even if AB is on, though only if the team you try to switch to has fewer players than the other team.

Comment

If this is the case, when playing with friends, when the count for the new round starts, you can usually switch on most servers. As for being auto switched as SL or Cmdr, never seen it. I've been switched as a SM a couple of times, but only cause a whole clan left the other team.
                          The most annoying case ive come up against is ive capped a flag, got killed then swapped, therefore i just robbed my new team of a flag

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but....

In order to switch teams at anytime an AB feature is on the teams need to be off by more then one player. Meaning if a team has one less player it doesn't mean you can switch to that team. You need to switch to a team that has 2 or more fewer players. Essentially even if autobalance is on, your beating it to the punch (so to speak).

Squad members can be auto switched , but only if everyone on the team is squaded up. If there is a single lonewolf , AB will pick that player first to auto-switch, and not a squad member.

Correct? Or so it seems from my end.

Comment

That is correct only for the default AB. It doesn't apply to smart balance.

Comment

Working...
                              X